My son was just diagnosed with having psychosis. he is 12 yrs old. help

I knew something was wrong. he is now in a treatment plan of seeing a counselor. his first appt is May 6th. I asked the crisis person what happens if he goes into his rages before the appt. (they wont admit him to the phycitric ward) they said call the crisis hotline or if you feel that you cant handle what he is doing and you cant stop him from hurting himself or others then call 911. has anyone else dealt with this? I am almost afraid of asking my son to do anything because various things set him off. I need someone who has been there or is currently there. Please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Oh sweetie I am so sorry,, IDK--brother had issue with mental health, but this is pretty severe,, I can't give advice, but I will give you my prayers,, God bless you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Has he been into the pediatrician for a physical lately??? Don't want to alarm you or anything, but a change in personality COULD indicate a brain tumor! (With or Without headaches!)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 2:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Has he always been this way? Who diagnoses him? What other things did they look into? Is there family history? Psychosis is a pretty odd thing to diagnose a 12 year old with... In fact it's a very uncommon diagnosis all together.
    Anonymous