Does sickness come with being a mom?

Ever since I am mom, I get sick so often. Before that I haven't been sick for years. I'm talking about little ickies, nothing major.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• Not for me.
    Anonymous

• i could believe that. think about it.....we're constantly on the go...our kids go to school and bring things back home. and what about getting up practically every 2 hours with newborn babies? Our bodies go through a lot!
    My husband gets sick like 1 time a year and it's a 24 hour wipe out flu where he's dragging himself on his hands and knees to the toilet to throw up.
    I get sick a lot more than he does!
    Anonymous

• surgar kills your immune system and it's in everything
    Anonymous

• Last year my when my son started school, I was sick from august to july. Every time I would get better I would get sick again. Kids carry lots of germs. Add into that the fact moms often don't sleep well or eat right or get enough exercise and it can take a toll on your immune system.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have felt drained since I had my son 10 years ago. I've noticed that I do get sick alot more than I used to, especially in the past couple of years ! As a matter of fact, I was terminated from a job a year ago for missing too much work because i was sick all of the time. I'm not talking little colds, I was getting bronchitis and pneumonia, in the summertime ! My doctor told me that stress is probably depressing my immune system and that's why I get sick all of the time ! That could be a reason why mom's get sick more often, due to stress ! I know it does it to me !
    Spencersmom1199

Answer by Spencersmom1199 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• if you want to be well, then you have to live well. you have to eat well, you and your whole family. cut the junk, eat as natural as possible. eat regularly and often, every 3-4 hours is great. drink water only2-3 liters a day. ( anything else you drink should be a "treat" or a "cheat", what ever you want to call it :)) you have to sleep as well as you can. this can be hard when you have little ones, but this too shall pass! you need to exercise, get some sun exposure! if you believe in God, then go to church or temple or what ever it is for you.
    i wish you the best of health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I definitely get sick more often since I've been a mom. The kiddos bring germs around, and I think my immunity is lower because I'm always up late catching up on housework or studying.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Homeschooling has reduced sickness for us a LOT. But last summer I was sick a lot, which was unusual. I thought it might be because we were camping a lot and not eating very healthy. This is our second year of homeschool and our kids have not missed one day of school due to sickness, and I haven't been sick during the school months either.
    ablessedlife

Answer by ablessedlife at 10:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It can...because our kiddos come into contact with all kinds of germs throughout their day, then share them with us, LOL. Plus, we come in contact with enough germs on our own that it's bound to happen sooner or later. HUGS!!!!
    fosternpa

Answer by fosternpa at 11:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yea ia single mom and i get alot of strees and the it comes not to bad butyou can get sick sometimes cause neing a mom is stressful its wor and w do d alot of stuff for our kids too so i would say yes cause boy i do get sick too s i know what you mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2010