Court was HORRIBLE and I'm furious

I am the one who posted yesterday about being nervous for court.
I am so OVER his stupid a**.
He apparently got laid off in FEBRUARY and is JUST NOW getting on Unemployment - SO, I MAKING TWICE AS MUCH AS HIM...so i get less than $200 a month from him. I'm just so disgusted.
My first problem is - he can't afford to pay me child support, but he could afford a lawyer????!!!!! seriously??? oh - and he bough a blue pit bull for his wife...and he bought a Wii ... and a brand new weight bench for his house. Does he realize I don't get to do any of those things b/c I TAKE CARE OF MY CHILD 100%...
PLEASE NO BASHING - I am just venting.
I am very thankful to get ANYTHING at all ... but it's still disgusting.
OH and did I mention he didn't even look at his child the entire time we were there .. what did she do to him to make him treat her like that?!
I'M ANNOYED as you can tell. we go back in Aug..hopefully it goes better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's doing it out of spite for you...that's all it is....
    But really, it shows his true colors when he's trying to get out of / trying to pay less...child support.
    Anonymous

• Good luck .I know what your going through and unemployment!! he needs to get a job.And how dare he not look at his daughter. I hope things get better :)
    Anonymous

• that is awful. i'm sorry. blue pits are REALLY expensive so he can probably afford to pay more. i hope it goes better in august.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I am sorry & i hope you have better luck in Aug.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 7:29 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Well, unless he gets a job, I wouldnt expect to get more. he and his girl friend are probably sharing money - thus the expensive toys. not saying it makes you feel any better, but BM here does stupid crap like that. she can afford to take them all out to movies and out to eat and buy them candy all the time, but then she had the nerve to ask us for money for clothes, then bitch about the ones we sent for the kids since we dont have money to send for clothes. oh and she hasn't paid a dime towards extra curriculars (we have paid over $250 in the last 3 months). Oh, and BM is the custodial, so in all technicalities she should be supplying US with clothes. Did I mention that she and her DH have full time jobs, while SO and I dont and are struggling to get by...

the thing to try and remember is that you have to keep doing what is best for DD - even though he is being an a**. It is definatley infuriating! Good luck!!!!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP HERE:
    Thanks ladie's. I sure hope things go better in August.
    aly: I understand where you are coming from - my problem is, he has bought her mattress, two cans of formula, two packs of diapers and THAT'S IT. I pay for everything for my DD and he thinks it's okay to just send money whenever he feels like it. And the last money order he sent me (in December) he didn't sign. And he wouldn't come to my house to sign it or meet me anywhere to sign it. He was just being an a** .. and I'm sooo over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2010