Im trying to walk this baby out!!

Im trying so hard to walk this baby out of me but nothing is working!! all its doing is causing my belly to get rock hard and very sore. Im taking primrose oil to help soften my cervix but i dont know if thats helping either.

Im soooo ready to be done baking this little duckling!!
Im running out of ideas to help speed this up.
Im in soo much pain and so uncomfortable.
I cant sleep so i have no energy to do anything, my mother has to help me all day with my other two kids and i think im actually geting depressed because of this.
I dont want to blame this baby like i did my first and go into a bad postpardom depression again.
I need a fullproof plan to speed this up. Im contracting all day long but my dilating is going SUPER slow and dr says he wont induce unless im past 40wks.

I know she will come when shes ready but i just want to help her make her decision a little faster. Lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I walked for four hours at the mall one day - that night I went into labor.
    I also heard that if you drive down a bumpy road, that helps - I didn't do it, but I know of people who did.
    Good Luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:08 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• and once the baby comes out you will be as fresh as a rose. Suck it up lady and stop being selfish.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 7:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• lol honestly? I did the same thing (walking) with no result, and I was overdue. Finally DH and I had sex - doggy style. And within an hour my water broke and I was in labor. Not even kidding. lol... I fully intend to do that again with this one if I am overdue again
    Good luck!
    petersgal

Answer by petersgal at 7:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• DS2 was the only one that came on his own, and I didnt WALK him out, I RAN him out! Took DS1 to Walmart the night before my due date, go figure the kid darts across the parking lot, and I had to CHASE him down... I went into early labor right then and there. Had DS2 the following day.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Your post partum depression didn't come as a direct result of you "blaming your baby," it just came for your body being affected by hormonal changes. It's not your fault, or anything you can really control...other than getting treatment when you need it. You shouldn't blame yourself for that.

Unfortunately walking, and all those self induction tricks, don't work unless your baby is ready to come anyway...and can just add to your unproductive contractions and pain if baby is not ready.

Try to stay as comfy as you can, no one expects you to be super mama and take care of everything when you're this close to your due date.
    Anonymous

• HAVE SEX! Seriously...it's what worked for me. (this is true, I swear) Semen contains prostaglandins that stimulates labor. (these are what naturally occur in our bodies so it's like a catalyst effect).

Also...if all else fails...Castor Oil. Just NOT too much...I know someone who had a ROCKET birth after taking TOO much.

Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 7:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The same thing happened w/ my 3rd, I spent 8 days in labor with him, dilating VERY slowly... I walked for 36 straight hours before he was born, no kidding... the baby will come when it's ready. No sooner. Get rest, use the help you have, stay hydrated, and take some "me" time... listen to some music, watch a movie, read a book.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't mean to frighten you, but I walked through my labor, and it still lasted 25 hours.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I feel the same way! I've never had so much sex in one week in the past year! I havn't ever walked so much! I feel ya. I am being induced on Tuesday if she doesn't come before. Good luck hunny, "they" say babies are born around full moons. lets hope its true for the both of us!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• rebel07, did you know that 50% of inductions end up in c-sections?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010