What's it like going from one kid to 2?

We have a 3 year old that will be 2 months shy of being 4. When the new baby is born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my DD was 21 months when we went from 1-3 lol! UGH!
    Anonymous

• For me things were honestly a whole lot better. I have 3 kids now, and as difficult as it gets at times, I still say the hardest was 1. With one kid I think he was always bored, he was crabby and screamed all the time but once I had my second it ended, and my daughter was a super easy baby. I'm having a lot of sibling rivalry issues now (the older two are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2) but even so I think it's better than having just one. They play together most of the time, even if there is a lot of fighting during it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It is fine. It is kind of fun watching the 1st become a big brother/sister. Just remember to make good quality time with the 1st and not make him/her feel as if the new baby has taken his/her place. Don't treat the new baby as if (s)he is something to stand back and be admired but can't be touched, held, played with. And, don't use your 1st as the "go for". You know, go and get the bottle; go and get the diaper; go and get the wipes........ some of that is ok, but kids are smart. They know when they are being used as a maid but called "mommy's little helper". Just balance it and always, always, always say please and thank you. You guys will end up having a really good time.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• well its easy when u have help or ur first is 3 or older (they understand more). my daughter was ONLY 16 months when my son was born and i was a single mother.. so on me it was very hard. my daughter wanted attention any time i had my son. I ended up moving in with my parents and all that seem to do was make things worse on me. my daughter got more attention from my parents bc i was busy with the baby and always tired. When i did move out she didnt want to listen to me and always cried and for my parents. Right now my son will be 2 in Nov and my daughter 3 in Aug and things are going good.. my kids are still a hand full but i can honestly say its a good handful. I go to work early i come home and be mommy.. i hardly ever get a break but I deal..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Our first was 5 when our second was born. It was a pretty smooth transition. It just sucked eggs going back to sleepless nights and diapers.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010