home remedies for tooth and gum ache

i cant go to dentist til next wk when i get our cards and my tooth and gum are killing me! im using oral gel and tylneol i am looking for any ideas!

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• take a cotton swab and a little liquor on it and rub the gum and tooth. don't let it sit there just littley rub then take a warm rag or heating pad and lay on the side the tooth hurts paying close attention not to burn your self. i know what you are going through and to me it's worse than labor pains.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I used orange flavored goodies powder. I had to dump it directly on my tooth ache and try not to make it dissolve too fast. It worked really well when NOTHING else even touched the pain I had!! For me, it took the edge off (or better) for around 4 hours at a time. It isn't good for long term (eventually it will make your gums sore) but for a couple days, it should help to get you through.

Good Luck!!

Oh yeah- you can stand on a bat and that will make tooth pain go away, but it comes back when you step off the bat. The pressure points are in your arches. (ball bat or cans, or something round like that)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have always used whiskey like mouth wash, swish it around a few times and then spit it out. Works pretty well as long as the pain is external and not deep in the tooth.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i was told take peppermint tea... make the tea... use the tea bag squeez a lil tea out (not all) and put it on there. also u can use clove oil...
    Anonymous

• Clove oil

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Take advil or what ever your brand is regular based on your pain. Clove oil is supose to be good but I did'nt have any, so I put cloves from my spice rack in my luke warm tea. It did some. Also I just learned if you lose a filling and your nerves are sensitive you can buy dental wax at the drug store till you get to dentist. Good luck.
    LeHart

Answer by LeHart at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010