Would you teach your child that masterbation is ok?

Just out of curiousity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would rather her do it than to end up prego!
    Anonymous

• I'm the wife of a porn/masturbation addict.

After all hubby and I have gone through...short answer - no, we will not be teaching that it's okay.
    Anonymous

• yes and we will also talk about condoms. At the right age of course.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt "teach" her it. but if she/he was masturbating and i walked in on them or they asked about it... i wouldnt make it out to be something bad or embarrassing. just something that is done in private.
    Anonymous

• My oldest daughter (now in high school) would "play" with her self ALL the time as a toddler. I told her it was fine to do in private, and she had to wash her hands afterwards.

My son is in middle school. My husband told him what it was during one of the many "sex" talks. He said it was normal and fine... but private. And jokingly (half jokingly) told him that it would keep him out of trouble as a teenager.

Anonymous

• errrrr...i really don't want to think about it. i probably will. I really dont feel like i would have to teach them anything about it but i may say something along the lines of you can do just as much for yourself as you could with a girl and not get into any kind of trouble...and you should save being with somebody until you know you truely love them. I'm not against sex before marriage but i really hope he wouldnt be having sex before 18.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Nope..I'm gonna tell my son that he'll grow massive hair on his knuckles LOL.
    I don't even WANT to think about it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO,lol.
    sorry..crazy woman outburst..but you know...my son is getting mighty close to THAT age..I just prefer to have him keep his bedroom door shut these days and I always knock before entering,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yep. Absolutely. I already have had several conversations with the kids about these behaviors, and where/when is appropriate to touch yourself. Even the 3 year old knows that if he wants to play with his "Winky" (his word, not mine) he has to go to his room. Now he proudly announces that "I'm going to my room!" and runs down the hall. lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yes, of course... Why not? I masturbate all the time... I would hope my husband does the same... Why would we teach our kids it's wrong? It's natural & healthy... Not to mention fun & more than enjoyable... As long as they are doing it in private, I say go for it!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• absolutely. I want her to have a healthy and positive sexual attitude. Hopefully it will be a part of her making good sexual choices when she's older. When she gets explorative (she's 2) I tell her its ok but to do it when she's alone.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2010