What kind of ART do you have hanging above your bed?

Im trying to think of something unique. I had 2 old windows with chipped paint hanging above my bed and thought it was a bad idea if it ever fell.

What do you think of antiqued metal initials of our last name? I am very artistic and need something. I paint but......

Any suggestions? Thanks!

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 7:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Birthday prints, my husband's and mine
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Picassos's "The rest".

Answer by older at 7:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i can't have anything over our bed because we always find a way to knock it off! lol
    Anonymous

• Oh behave!!! lol (Austin Powers voice.)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have my Pantera flag that my best friend bouht me for xmas 4 years ago...
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Right now, my dh and I don't have anything hanging over our bed, because we live in an area that is very earthquake prone (we're stationed in Japan), and when we moved here, they very strongly advised against hanging things over the beds.

But we have a fairly high headboard, and things on the other walls, so it's not so bad not having anything there.

If you want something but are afraid it will fall, then how about maybe getting some fabric and doing the whole draping it, pulling it back on each side of your bed and letting it drape down over the sides - either for all around the bed, or just up at the headboard. You could do the bedcurtain sort of thing, or just sort of imagine there's a window there on the wall, and you're doing a dramatic window draping, only with your bed against the wall instead of a window on it...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• pictures our boys drew :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Oh, I had another thought - how about doing a Tromploi style painting on the wall? That could be very creative and beautiful, and you wouldn't have to worry about it falling off...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have two watercolors that hubby's grandmother painted above the headboard of the bed. And every other wall has some painting or print on it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I have a picture/sign that says "Always kiss me Goodnight" in the the color scheme of our bedroom (dark red and gold). It's something my husband have always made a point to do (kiss each other goodnight), so when I saw it I HAD to buy it. We also have a Christmas ornament that I found with the same saying. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010