biking question

a friend just told me that bike riding makes your butt and legs bigger if you feel the burn because the muscles are tearing. Has this happend to any one else? what is your bike riding experiance. i am bike riding to hopefully lose some weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• LOL! I have not heard that. It doesn't seem to be true for the biker's i've seen.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• you would have to be biking a ton for that to happen, even then you would need a little extra testosterone too. i wouldn't let that stop me from biking for fun, good health, fitness and weight loss.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Any resistance exercise will cause your muscles to grow. Not doing resistance training will make losing weight nearly impossible. Your thighs won't look fatter if the muscles get toned. You'd have to bike for hours and hours every day to get big huge legs. This is a silly thing people say when they get miserable from working out and want a reason to give up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2010