Sandy Bullock adoption

I just have to say and ask for your comments, that if I didn't like her much before (i did), then after she married Jesse James (she showed to have an open heart), then to thrill of her Oscar win, then to hear that YES she will divorce the fool (the trash he picked is just too much), but that she adopted a black American child. And unlike so many who CAN'T wait, she apparently waited FOUR years for her AMERICAN child.

I honestly felt so excited when I heard the news today, the same as when I found out I was STILL pregnant after years infertiliy/loss. I am so happy for her and her little one. She just can't get any better. THIS is a GREAT AMERICAN.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i know. i so agree. she is amazing.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't care where she adopted from and who she adopted, but damn that boy is a heartbreaker! I'm just so impressed with her. She is in inspiration and just about one of the greatest class acts I can currently think of....granted, my children have stolen my brain cells, lol, just saying, wow, has she impressed me.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Good for her for keeping it a secret this long and not doing the, "Look at me I'm a gorgeous celebrity adopting a baby," thing like some women we've seen.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:57 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I don't care if baby was black or white or other either, so I do not mean that makes a diff, its the fact that she adopted American that thrills me. However not to say that I don't love those families who adopt outside, recently the Haitian adoptive parents really touched me. But I mention the "black" issue because of the many babies who are being adopted internationally, it apparently has to do with parents who have the American comforts and means but do not have the heart to extend to adopting a black american child. As I've read on other posts, that "there are no white babies here to adopt".
    Anonymous

• Sandy is awesome!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• ((((hugs)))))) to her,she's finally going to smile again.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:10 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You do realize that in 2008 there were 55,000+ kids adopted from foster care in the US and only 17,000 internationally right? The only reason people think more people adopt internationally is because WE as families are more conspicuous. ( the stats for 09' are not available until October 10')
    So, because I adopted internationally, I am not a great American... huh... good to know! LOL
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I really admire her, too. She's awesome. I was really happy when her and Jesse got married. I thought they would make a wonderful couple. I'm hugely disappointed in him. She looks so happy, and being with the baby.

As for adopting here vs. overseas, from what I understand, one big reason lots of people go overseas is that here, parents change their minds and hearts are broken. IDK for sure. Just what I've heard though.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• mcginnisc, I lived in Albania for a year and used to visit and orphanage there. It was so heartbreaking to see children lying in cribs all day long. When feeding time came, their bottles would b propped up because there wasn't enough staff to feed each baby. One day when we went, they forbade us to change any diapers because they were almost out, and one little girl had diarrhea and a rash. I was especially touched by a 4-month-old. Looking into his face and realizing he had no one consistent to depend on wrenched my heard. I do believe ever child should have a loving home, but seeing the condition those kids are raised in, my heart is especially touched by orphans in developing countries. Foster care in America is NOT ideal, but it is better than what a lot of the world has. Good for you for adopting.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• McGinn... since you were able to bring a child to America I can only presume that you are American. As I said earlier, I have a strong feeling that Sandra wanted specifically to help an American child of underprivilege with the great benefits she has received in her homeland. Charity begins at home, right? Why do we outsource? Why don't we take care of our own? How are we helping our own and the future. The more we help our own suffering the better able we can help others in their own homelands. We don't need to increase population for self serving needs. That is over consumption in a way. Thats why I call her a Great American.
    Anonymous