Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people call my 2 year old sexy?

My husband is a public high school teacher in an urban area. The other day it was "Bring Your Son to Work Day," so he asked me to bring our son in after nap time and let him stay for the afternoon. When I was walking our 2 year-old son to his class room this girl stopped to look at him (because he's super cute and you just can't help it LOL) and she says "Oh damn! He's got sexy eyes!"

I thought that was weird. Am I the only one who thinks it's strange to call child (a toddler no less!) sexy?? Or am I just a fuddy-duddy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• probably she's just young. Most adults would know better but he may have those pretty eyes that people associate with bedroom eyes. Anyway, it'll work out for him when he's grownup! No, you're not a fuddy duddy. It would bug me too.
    Anonymous

• that is definitely weird and inappropriate

laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• i call my 11 month old son sexy all the time. its kind of a joke, yano
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:17 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yes it is weird..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I hear that a lot too..I think its like the new trendy thing to say or something,lol. I don't say it , it just doesnt sound right to me to direct that at a kid. Even the older kids.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Barf! I hate it when people do that!
    Anonymous

• Completely inappropriate! I had a lady in the grocery store comment on how cute my one year old son was, and she said she was going to wait for him (as in to marry him). I told her, "Oh, no. He's going to be a priest." That was polite for "back off of my kid before I freak out on you, lady!"
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• OP here-

PS, I know the use of the term "fuddy-duddy" automatically makes you one. Haha!

Thanks for the agreement though ladies, I was really starting to feel old at the ripe ole' age of 30!

PURPL when you say it to your son is it like "Oh you are sexy," or is it like he toots and you say "Nice Billy, real sexy." I just don't get how you'd say it and not feel like it's a weird thing to say. I'm honestly asking, not trying to be a jerk.
    Anonymous

• Iamgr8teful, I LOVE that answer!!! I am going to remember that and totally am totally stealing it from you :)
    Anonymous

• My mom does that with my daughter... Especially if she is dancing "shes doing her sexy dance" or something like that.. I always kinda go UGH.... but whatever, shes my mom & I know shes not sicko or anything..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2010