explainations besides pregnancy??

My best friend has a 7 month old daughter. She has had protected sex roughly 10x since her daughter was about 4 months old. The baby hasn't been breastfed since 3 months, and she has had normal periods since then, BUT they suddenly stopped. Her last period was in January. She has taken several negative hpts. Last week she called terrified because she said it felt like a little tadpole was swimming in her belly, like it did when she 1st felt her daughter moving in belly. She took a neg hpt then. She has felt that 4 times last week. Tonight she felt something that felt like a big kick, like when her little one was really starting to kick when she was pregnant. Again, negative hpts. When she got pregnant with her daughter, she had 5 positive hpts when she was only 4-5 weeks pregnant, so if she was preg now & no period for this long it should show up. Are there any other explainations to what she could be feeling and no period??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I get these same kicking feelings. Im not sure what the medical reason is, but I'm not pregnant. I have gotten them since a few months after i had my son-- for over a year now..... Just gas or something. I freak out every time too! Also her hormones may be messed up so that could explain the no-periods. Birthcontrol would get her regular in a few months.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• The little kicks and the tadpole feeling could very well be gas. That can cause the same feelings if it's built up enough.
    However, honestly she should just go to a doctor. If she hasn't had her period since January and it's not pregnancy then she needs to be examined. We could give you all the "Could Be's" in the world, but that doesn't help your friend. She needs to be examined by a medical proffessional, so that her symptoms can be diagnosed.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Absence of period could be from low body fat, stress, malnutrition and many other causes. The fluttering in her tummy could be gas or and irritable bowel. Either way she should go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing shortly after having my daughter, then in 2006 I went four straight months without a period I called the doctor and they told me there was nothing they could do cause I was not pregnant so I went to my family doctor and he told me it was most likely a large amount of stress, plus if you did not see the discovery health's I did not know I was pregnat, some of those women had negitive pregnancy test and had periods but she still could be pregnant have her go to the doctor and get a blood pregnancy test done. Even those don't always show the right results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It can be phantom pregnancy signs, If I lie really still & concentrate, I swear I can still feel my baby kicking ( she is now 5 yrs old LOL).
    However if she hasn't had a period in 3 months she should go to the dr for a full check up. It isn't worth sitting back and waiting for too long, simple problems left too long can lead to infertility
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2010