LADIES...PLEASE TELL ME...IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK FROM MY SONS FATHER?

He doesn't pay child support. He should, but he doesn't.
He's supposed to get our son every other weekend and every Wednesday night.But he doesn't.
I recently put down my foot and said look , you need to start pick him up every other weekend and thats all there is to it,okay.I'm done tip toeing with this idiot man.
I signed our son up for baseball.He's 10 years old.HE has Baseball practices Every Wednesday evening and Every Saturday from now until about Late July.

So..his DAD would have to take him to practice every other Saturday when he has him.THATS TWO MEASLEY DAYS A MONTH. FOR 4 MONTHS..THAT WOULD ONLY BE 8 FREAKING PRACTICES.
But this jack butt refuses.Just got in a big old arguement with me. He wants to pick him up AFTER the practices on Saturdays.. every OTHER Saturday,that is...AFTER I take him to the practice..so he doesnt have to make the trip.LAZY PIECE OF XYZ.
REALLY is that too much of me to ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yeah, it's upsetting. It shouldn't be an issue for Dad. Kiddo is having a good time and Dad should be happy to contribute to that. But! Prepare to have your butt handed to you by the judge for putting your son in an activity that takes place during Dad's scheduled visitation time without getting Dad's permission first. Especially after putting your foot down and insisting Dad use that time. Dad is well within his rights to say no, and to actually refuse to take son to practice/games during his scheduled visitation because he didn't agree to it before it was done.

Like I said, yeah he's being a schmuck in a major way, but he's being a schmuck that the courts are going to side with.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not at all. You are being very reasonable.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• No, bring that up infront of a judge If he cant make that effort he shouldnt see him at all. ALso document everytime he misses a visit, and that he doesnt pay. They need to attach his wages and you need a new custody agreement.
    Anonymous

• REALLY BIG HUGS!!! I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation, except my son is 5 and he does swimming every Saturday!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I agree anon. I've already decided I'm calling the lawyer tomorrow. He had the nerve to accuse me of PMSING! Yeah..I'll show him pms-ing.I'll PMS myself all the way downtown to court and let the judge know what kind of deadbeat he is! Then when I'm done with that, I'll PMS myself right back home, with MY SON and a nice fat CHILD SUPPORT CHECK newly garnished from his under the table wages. Mr.I THINK I AM AN INVENTOR MAN.
    LOL...Oh my goodness...I have reached a new level of anger.
    WOOOOO.
    You know what though..maybe its time I GET MAD.
    PMS MY ASS.
    Anonymous

• no id say thats pretty reasonable. i would bring this up in court and get child support.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• That is not much to ask i would just have him sign his rights away and be done with the DEAD BEAT PIECE OF SHIT. All he did for you was donated sperm.

Anonymous

• Make him pay cs through the court. The child deserves the CS. Do it for him. Be happy he wants to spend ANY time with the kid. Many dads don't. Appreciate what you do have don't dwell on what you don't
    Anonymous

• To him it is too much to ask. To him it is too much to ask to even be a father to his own child. To him it is too much to ask to take responsibility and take part in his child's life. To him it is too much to ask. However, to a responsible, reasonable parent it is isn't even at the cusp of too much to ask. You know that you're barely asking anything of him and that he should be glad he gets what he gets. However, to him it is a burdon to him to even merely think about what you're asking him.

If it is prearranged with the court then he is legally obligated to do as the court arranged. Especially if it was prearranged by the court for him to pay a certain amount each month in child support. He is legally obligated. Honestly, don't fight with him anymore. Take his ass to court. Let the court put their foot down and tell him he needs to step up and be responsible. (contin)
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• (Contin) If you think you should go as far .. Then ask the court that he get his rights taken away. Clearly he isn't interested in doing his part as a father. No child should be a convience to their parent. He is treating it as if he's doing you a favor, instead of wanting to be apart of his child's life. Stop arguing with him and take this to the court. The law has a stronger hold on his obligation then you ever will. Yes, it would be nice to just ask something of him and he comply, but you know just as well that that'll never happen. Again, it is only too much to ask for him, but to a responsible and reasonable parent it's not. He's clearly not that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010