Is neumonia contagius?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Health

• Yes, pneumonia is VERY contagious.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I was hospitalized for it ( double pnemonia) ....and when I was in there, the DR. let my daughter and other family members ( except my week old son) come to visit because they said it was very unlikely that they would get it.

It is actually ( usually) hard for another person to catch- a person may catch a cold or another type of illness from a person with pneumonia and not develop it themself...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• -- it actually depends on the persons health and the condition of their lungs when they happen to be around the person who has it.

the Dr. also told me that , the pnemonia virus is actually everywhere ( in the air) ... so everytime you go out, to the store or even in your yard, you are basically exposed to it...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:14 PM on Apr. 28, 2010