What would you do if your husbands friend gave you the creeps around your child?

My husband has a friend, he met threw me he was always odd, socially awkward, never well liked, and never had many friends in High School and very delayed. His IQ is about a 70. And he just doesn't know much of anything unless it's cars or fixing stuff. The day My baby was born he took pics of her, he is obsessed with pregnant women, never keeps his g/f's for long, he looks at My baby and just spaces off, he just gives me the creepy vibe feeling. My husband seems to not understand or see it or it as a big deal, since he doesn't have many friends, he say's I don't want him to have many friends and threatens me with mine. When his friend is just odd, most family members wont let him around the children or watch the kids for long. And he said, my aunt never puts the clothes on her that I buy her. He seems obsessed with kids and always likes going baby shopping. He's an odd ball!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• i would go with the instincts. i would never leave the baby alone with him.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Trust your gut instinct!!!! Never leave them alone with him, have your husband do the same.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Yeah, he wouldn't be taking pictures of me or my children. And he wouldn't be around them, either. Especially alone, ever.
    Anonymous

• trust your gut on this one. usually when someone seems really odd its because they are.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Personally, I am a firm believer in sticking with your intuition. If you have a weird feeling about him and fear for your children's safety, then by all means, please keep your kids away from him. Doesn't mean your hubby can't be friends with him anymore, doesn't mean anyone needs to be rude or nasty towards him. He hasn't done anything wrong...but we just want to make sure it stays that way. Tell hubby to go out with him somewhere instead of having him over at the house, etc. Or if they come over, take the kids out somewhere. No reason to mention anything to him, no reason to act like anything's up. He could be completely innocently not even realizing what he's doing is "weird" to you. But just in the off chance he IS a creep, at least he won't have access to your children.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Could be nothing.. but better SAFE than Sorry later.

Trust your instincts here... Ask your DH not to leave your children alone with him ever... and maybe sometime crack a joke... wow you sure like children don't you??? Or say you're so into children it's creepy. Then say oops I didn't mean it that way... he'll get it and maybe stop with the creepyness.
    Anonymous

• I would go with the gt no matter what your hubby siads or what if he gives you the bad feeling then don't let it go watch everything he does and NEVER LEAVE YOUR CHILD/REN ALONE WITH HIM EVER.............
    Anonymous

• I, too, believe in honoring your instincts. My child would never be left alone with him, not even for a second.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 9:56 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You say that your husband says you don't want him to have many friends and threatens you with yours. What do you mean by "threatens me with mine"?I don't get it. All I can tell you is-if the dude gives yoou the creeps NEVER leave him alone with your child for any amount of time. Take your baby into the bathroom with you in her car seat if you have to. You don't have to explain why to anyone Your child's safety must come before any adult's feelings.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Let me add in my vote for trusting your instincts on this. Human instinct was what used to keep us alive way back when we lived in caves.

He could be harmless but like the other posters said there is no way you should take the chance. Tell your husband you don't want him at your house anymore and if he insists on staying friends with this guy that they will have to hang out somewhere else.
    It would only take a split second for him to do a lot of damage to your baby and he sounds unpredictable and actually he sounds more than kind of scary.

Unstable people should not be around little children ever. Harsh but necessary.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:21 PM on Apr. 28, 2010