Almost time to deliver! What did you pre make for your family to eat while you were post partum?

Hubby can and will cook but he will only be home for about 3 days...someone has to keep the money coming. :)

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 9:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I made plenty of things and froze them ahead of time: homemade pizzas, chili, meatloaf, casseroles, homemade pot pies. I also made sure that I had all ingredients for quick & easy meals like sloppy joes, tacos, hamburgers, spaghetti, etc.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Nothin! LOL! That was the last thing on my mind!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I had planned to make lasagna, easy chicken pie, and a few other types of things. I ended up having her 3 weeks early and was on bedrest for 3 weeks afterwards because of my blood pressure. Luckily my family and friends brought over a lot of meals. If people ask what they can do, tell them meals or gift cards for take-out!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Not a darn thing. Hubby is the cook in our family, so I left it all up to him.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I made, and froze in microwave safe containers.... a meat loaf, a big pot of chili, and a pot of beef stew.

Then I stocked the freezer with easy microwave meals (like the stoffers (sp?) lasagna, and a big pack of beef and bean burritos made good/quick after school snacks for my kids)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Lmao! when i went into labor w/ my first ds I ran to the grocery, came home & started cooking. I made Lasagna, Pancakes (freeze them in a ziplock), Stuffed Peppers, a couple soups, and labeled it all w/ instructions, stuck it in the freezer, & was good to go! it made things SOOOO much easier just to have to flip the oven on, and let someone else throw things in it! (thats why I put instructions on it.)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Honestly I didn't.

We have a nice little thing in my church where new moms get dinners brought to them for a week. We take turns making the meals for each other.

But if I had to, I'd probably make some soups, casseroles, and maybe look up "freezer meals" online for some more ideas. Also just having sandwich makings around in the house would be a good option.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Great ideas ladies. The only thing I thought of so far was pot pies. I forgot meatloaf and other dishes mentioned freeze well too. I don't have family here and we've been distant from church so I'm pretty much planning on doing it on my own.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:28 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• yea i didnt do this either, i didnt have a c-section or anything so i was able to cook as i normally would afterwards. but if i had gotten a c-section my fam would have been eating pizza and chinese lmao!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I really didn't have any issues, we had some meals brought by ladies in our church, and friends, but I really didn't have a hard time cooking a meal every couple of days. Nothing super fancy, just basics (hotdishes, spaghetti, basic easy things). A lot of sandwiches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010