Marriage.

So, my hubby and I have been having problems for awhile. My son is 13 months and I got pg 3 months into our marriage. That was our plan. I feel like most of our probs started while I was pg. Now, I wouldn't trade having my son then for the world. Well, a few days ago, I realized that maybe my hubby and I would be happier if we weren't together and I told him that. I think we both want to work it out, but I am finally ok w/ if I do get a divorce, I know it will be for the best.
My hubby has stepped it up since then. He cleans now and helps out and shows me more affection and I think really tries to do what's right. :D

cyber-pg

Asked by cyber-pg at 10:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Then what is the problem I don't get what yor question is.What the hell do you want us to tell you. He has stepped it up. Don't cause drama if it doesn't have to be caused.
    Anonymous

• Congrats on your hubby stepping up.

I hope you guys can work it out, and have a long, happy life together.
    Anonymous

• maybe you should work a little bit harder at your marriage. maybe get a councelor. find out why you would be happy w/o him and ask yourself if it would really be worth not having him there.
    Anonymous

• How long were you two together before you got married? You both really need to put in more effort if you are ready to give up already. Marriage is give and take. Sometimes one person gives more than the other and then the roles switch.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 11:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I am glad for you. I hope it all works out.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• FL2AK: We were together a total of 6 yrs.
    I'm not trying to start drama. I just wanted to talk to someone about it. I guess it really wasn't a question. I needed to talk to someone about it and don't need to be criticized for it, so please don't. I know both of us need to work on it. That's what we've been trying for a long time.
    cyber-pg

Answer by cyber-pg at 11:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• wow got to love the rude anon posters huh? anyway i am going through something similar (minus the baby) hubby and i dont have any kids together and about two weeks ago we got in a huge fight i actually kicked him out and changed the locks, he called later that same night begging to come home i let him where as i didnt want him i gone i just wanted things to change, it worked :) things have been good since, but i have to say, i also stepped it up to make sure i was working harder to make him happy with things too, not just him stepping it up, it sounds to me like you guys will be able to get through this, you guys just went through a big change, you went from being a couple to being a family that can be a hard adjustment for some. good luck and feel free to pm me if you need to talk :)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It sounds like you both want to work on it. I have a suggestion, and please don't get mad, it's only that; a suggestion. Don't bring up divorce or separation. Ever. Don't think about it. It's not an option. Both you and your husband could agree to this. Especially when there is an argument. That why you have to work things out. It already sounds like you two are working it out anyways, so maybe you don't need to listen to me anyway, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It's great that he has stepped up..but after a while..it is likely that he will fall right back into the mess you all were before you stood up to him. It sounds as if you aren't really feeling the love that you had when you all got married, because you explained that it would be OK if a divorce came up. If you don't love him anymore, maybe you should consider divorce, but if you think that there is still some lovin' in there somewhere, seek some help. It is ABSOLUTELY OK to ask for help with a marriage. Do what your heart and your litle one pulls you toward. Either way, I definitely hope that the end result is what you want. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2010