How to introduce them?

I have been dating a guy for 9 months and we have decided to introduce our kids to each other and each other's child. Mine is 3 yrs and his is 10 yrs. For those who have been thru this, how did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• ive never done it with my kids. but im trying to remember how i first met my stepbrother ... im pretty sure my mom and his dad took us out to eat. i was 12 and he was 2.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:53 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Thanks. I know we need to keep the affection stuff out of it for awhile until they get used to the idea of us dating but I'm at a loss for the rest. The going out to eat is a good idea though.
    Anonymous

• you do it slowly, dont put any expectations on them, ya dont be like mommy really likes him ..... maybe start it out as saying you want them to meet your friend, give them time to get to know your bf dont be all huggy kissy in front of them even more so his 10yr old and give them time to adjust.
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• when my kids met my now husband and i met his kids we planned a "family day" it wasnt just us, it was me him and my sister in law, my kids, his kids and her kids (hehe that first day his 8 yr old told my 7 yr old "i think my dad is in love with your mom" and my daughter said 'yeah i think my mom is in love with your dad too") which was so funny because we had JUST met two days before, btw i give you HUGE credit for making it this long!!!! (oh btw we were engaged later that same night :) )
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• do you have a zoo near you? thats fun. something where there isnt a lot of pressure to talk. eating is ok, as long as its someplpace where they can be kids. go slow, keep it light and fun. good luck. ;)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2010