teething nightmare! help!

My son is 17 months. His molars are coming in. And for over aweek now he has bearly been eating no matter what I try. Hes had a fever up and down. And now a bad cough and runny nose. He went to the doctor yesterday and she said just teething. Ive tried oragel, teething tablets, even tylenol and motrin. Any one have any sugestions. He has been horribly grouchy, and I cant seem to get him to eat anything. Im starting to worry he will lose weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I gave DD frozen french fries. They were cold so they helped and as they thawed, they would soften up to help the tooth break thru. Plus she loved them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• give him stuff like teething toast and biscuits. they will give him something to bite and he will atleast have something in his stomach. i wouldnt worry too much about him eating though. just make sure he is getting enough fluid, especialy if he is drooling a lot and has a runny nose.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Toddlers and teething mean no eating. It will scare you to death on the little ammount they eat. They will survive, but honestly you wonder how. Try making some smoothies with milk, bannana, egg substitute, and watch your child suck them down. I like the frozen french fry idea too. Frozen peas are sweet, as are frozen grapes. Cut the grapes so they aren't a chocking hazard. At night I would double the tylenol or motrin so your child can sleep. You know how it is with a tooth ache that seems to rage when you try and go to sleep. It is horrible to watch the suffering of teething, and having to deal with the moods, but the kids do survive. Take time for yourself with a hot bath, mama you deserve it. Good Luck!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:49 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• I loved those teething biscuits. And so did my girls. They were hard, and ohhhh my how my youngest would chomp on that thing scream and go back for more. After a few days the teeth were in and we were good! Anything hard and plastic you could try. Something without much give to it, small enough for them to stick in their mouths, yet big enough not to swallow or choke on. KWIM?? It doesnt last long, and your child wont starve lol.
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2010