Anyone else annoyed by the GM comercial where they guy is saying that they paid back their debt in full?

It annoys me because they didn't really pay it back if they borrowed money from somewhere else to pay it back so they still have the debt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Apr. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, but I am not going to buy one of their cars until the gov't is out of their business. So, they can say whatever makes them feel good. They aren't getting my $$.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:59 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• It bugs me to no end that GM still owes the United States and Canada TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars, and make it sound like they are doing so great financially and paid everyone off. The used the bail-out funds to pay the loan, but they still owe the bail-out funds!!!

I'm surprised more people aren't speaking out about the funny-money game GM is playing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I've heard of other companies that get in trouble for doing things like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

-------
    Yes. The difference is that THEY aren't 60% owned by the federal government....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't buy a GM car even if the government didn't own them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't know where you all got your info, I am not annoyed by it because I haven't heard that they just re-leveraged.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yes, it's very annoying.

But Obama told them to get on TV and mislead the people, so they gotta do it.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• To think it has come to this. A Company can go on TV and lie through their teeth like that. It's not funny how so many believed it either. The Obama administration has their teeth in this big time. The statements they he gave could have come straight from Obama. It;s just a little white lie, just a twist here and there in the wording. Sickos, all of them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Judging by anon :13, it's obvious people have fallen for the ruse. Many people will see the TV commercial, but they don't read a newspaper or watch the news.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2010