can you get pregnant while your pregnant?

im only 5 weeks along on my first pregnancy and im only 19 but my husband has a high sex drive haha of course! but its always been a little question in the back of my mind

AFWifePollard

Asked by AFWifePollard at 12:02 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not unless your body drops 2 eggs simultaniously. Once you have a fertilized egg, the body will shut down egg production.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sometimes you can ovulate 2 eggs instead of just one... sometimes they are released a couple of hours after each other, but other than that, no, you cannot become pregnant again while you're still pregnant lol. It's a good question, though :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I was 19 and married when I got pregnant with my first too :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=508025&in_page_id=1770
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't know if sweetpea sent you the article, but I read one where that happened to a woman. It's a freak accident. So don't expect it to happen to :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think it can happen, but only very early on in your pregnancy and it's VERY unusual. You are totally safe having sex while you're pregnant. Enjoy!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• sex is awesome when i was pregnant. i mean it is awesome now too but orgasims where amazing then. lol i was wishing that i could at least keep that after i had her but nope. back to normal. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• lol no. You're not a cat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No, one of the best things about being pregnant is that you don't need to worry about birth control. Don't stress about that one, it's not going to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• lmao WOW you're funny. :) and no, unless it's at the very beginning and you produced more then one egg but since you're 5 months you're in the clear babe! lol
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• oh oops. you're 5 weeks. lol sorry I'm pretty tipsy. but anyway, if you did produce more then 1 egg the deeds already been done so you are still in the clear! lol I was 19 too. :)
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010