Happy Meals Illegal? Can our Country really get any more stupid?

Really? Because parents are not responsible enough any more to know that they shouldn't continually feed their children fast food, or that the idea of a toy forces the parents to lose control of their ability to tell the child NO? Is it really necessary to ban such things? Can't we simply tell our children NO anymore??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw this. Here is my thoughts about that, Yes it is the parent's responsibility to say No to their child. It is their responsibility to monitor and protect their children. It is not, however, going to kill a child to eat a Happy Meal every once in a while. As a forty-something year old, I ate burgers as a child, and my children ate burgers as children. But, we got exercise. We got plenty! We played out and had physical education classes every day! Now, as for the grandchildren, we take them to McDonalds from time to time, and I would be very happy if they even attempted to eat their meals, but they don't. It's a total waste of time. They are too busy wanting to play- Thank the good Lord they want to play and exercise! But, also there are options available now, such as apples, apple juice, milk, etc. We like that!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I thought this was a joke at first. I can't believe anyone actually passed this. It's only one county for now, but this is rediculous. What is our over reaching government going to do next? Come up with nutrition bar rations so that people won't get fat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You know, someone set a Happy Meal outside for a year and it hadn't changed much. Why would you put something in your child's body that doesn't biodegrade within a year?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I thought it was just in CA and it was just the toy they are banning, not the meal. Either way though, I agree that we as parents should be able to just say no to our children.
    Anonymous

• It IS only in Santa Clara County, CA...and only affects a few restaurants in the unincorporated areas of the county.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• And banning fast food altogether would be bad how????? That stuff is DISGUSTING!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• SOOOO unbelievably ridiculous the stupid trash living in this world today. Its MCDONALDS fault that you buy your child a Happy Meal right? Its MCDONALDS fault for making such a cool thing as the Happy Meal that you are incapable of telling your child no they can't have one. Its MCDONALDS fault that you have a 200lb 10 year old. Its not YOUR fault that you say okay, and drive them to Mcds whenever they ask. Its not YOUR fault that, even though you are in control of everything you buy and bring into the home for food, you have an overweight child. Seriously where the hell is personal responsibility anymore?! Ugh this world makes me sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No one is making YOU eat it, so why ban it for the rest of us? YOU know adults can order this I can't make my own food decisions?
    and a cheeseburger is not so horrible if a kid only eats it once a month or so. SO what if it is disgusting, no one is shoving it down YOUR throat.
    Anonymous

• Can't we simply tell our children NO anymore??
    ---
    Oh, you didn't get that memo? No, we cannot tell our children NO. If there is something that is potentially bad for them in any way, bring it to the attention of your city council, and they will take appropriate action in banning the offensive item for any child to use, thereby saving untold amounts of heart-ache for the parents who just can't say NO. It isn't fair for some parents say NO, because others sometimes say YES, it is confusing to the children, and it makes the parents feel bad, too. This way, it is the same for everyone, no one gets special treatment, and no children will ever be subjected to something that is bad for their bodies, or their ego. And even better, the parents don't have to think about what they want for their children any more. The government will do it for you, no problem! =)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• many of you make great points, but honestly its very simple:
    a) we shouldn't feed our children junk; and those who do are guilty of laziness bordering on neglect
    b) why should McDs be allowed to sell junk to children; those children are neglected enough clearly-atleast better food
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010