can't feel fundus??

I went to the doctor today and he couldn't feel the end of my uterus.. he said it was under my ribs.. it's been that way since I've ben 31 weeks.. I'm still measuring 34cm

is this normal.. or should I get concerned? Although he didn't seem concerned..

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The doctors could not feel mine until i was at the end of my labor. I dont think its anything to worrie about
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If doc isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Hopefully your baby drops soon and you can free your ribs of that sweet little presence. We all know how much relief that can bring to those lungs!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• no worries if it is up in your ribs how can he measure it no worries relax.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Fundal height is a really rough estimate of how big you are. I wouldn't be concerned with the measurement. The doctor is more concerned with whether you are progressing and growing, which you seem to be. Try not to worry too much, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• In this day and age with Doctors so super aware of lawsuits etc, if he is not concerned you have no need to. If a dr gets even a twinge of a hint of a possible concern they have you booked in for every test imaginable, they can't afford to have you sue them for dismissing a warning sign - so if he says it's no problem, then it really isn't. Enjoy these last few weeks **sigh** I miss being pregnant :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010