Did you see this breaking news story? Another Craigslist murder :(

I will include a clickable link below, but here's the story so far:

EDGEWOOD, Wash. -- A man has died after being shot during what appeared to be a home invasion robbery on Wednesday night.

Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said the incident took place at a home in the 3600 block of 106th Ave. Ct. E. The man, his wife and their two sons were home at the time.

Troyer said homeowner had listed an expensive ring for sale on Craigslist, and was expecting a potential buyer to stop by the home to take a look at around 9:30 p.m.

At least three men arrived, "flashed cash" at the door, and "homeowners let'em in to buy a ring," Troyer said.

But once inside the home, the men pulled out a gun, according to Troyer.

It is unclear what transpired next, but one man opened fire and shot the father multiple times, investigators said. The shot man's 14-year-old son lunged at the gunman, and was pistol-whipped on the head.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sorry, but why would you invite complete strangers to your HOME to look at "expensive jewelry"? That's about as intelligent as the people who put "no guns allowed" stickers in their windows so the criminals know which houses they can rob safely whether someone is home or not.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The gunmen fled before deputies arrived. The 43-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His son was taken to an area hospital to be checked out. Detectives are looking for at least three suspects. A description was not available. "All we do know at this point is that they had phone contact with the family earlier, because the family was trying to sell an expensive ring," Troyer said

http://www.komonews.com/news/92388324.html

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Are you very cautious when selling on Craigslist? What do you do for safety measures? I live on a military installation and I always meet people for drop off or pick up at the visitor center of the base during the day when it's really busy or at night when the cops are out there doing their random vehicle inspections anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• This is so sad! I feel for the family and I am thinking that I wont be listing anything else on CL. I sold a ring this last Christmas to raise money for a friend. We did the exchange at my home and to be honest with you all I never thought of robbery. I did have the neighbors over to watch the exchange, but I worried more about rape than robbery or murder. It is sad as well because I think in this desperate time people are sinking to new lows!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• OMG how horrible. Beware when selling to anyone. #1 rule, never post where you live. Meet at a location where there are police or lots of people. This is just too sad.
    dbrooks91

Answer by dbrooks91 at 3:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• This is another very sad story. I really wish everyone who uses sites like this would use their brains a bit more and stop being blinded by dollar signs.... YOU ARE ASKING TO BE ROBBED!!!!!!!!! PLEASE USE AN AGENT TO SELL ANY HIGH END ITEMS AND NOT THE INTERNET!!!!!

Ugh that poor family...what a waste of a life.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• 9:30 at night? I live on a base and will only meet at the front gate.In some cases I have left stuff outside and locked my door for free pick ups.(baby stuff)Or I meet in public like a mall.I have sold many phones and like going to t-mobile after i get the cash lol. Public is my rule..:(
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2010