Photography?

My DH has ok'd me to get an associates in photography! I already have two years of college (to become a doctor), but I came with him to the UK and school's here are too expensive with the exchange rate. So, I plan to get my AS in photography and take pictures for people for extra cash while going to school and raising 1 (possibly tw0) kids!
My question now is what kind of camera should I get? I plan to get a DSLR of some kind.. and I plan to get used... is that a bad idea?
Thanks ladies!
PS: anything I need to know? should I not waste money on a degree? (My DH says that I can take pics of people without a degree and shouldn't waste the money)
thanks again! :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in

• I'm a photography student, but I must say I'm primarily doing it for fun. I would recommend a DSLR and some basic classes- just because you learn how to really use a camera, lighting, and all that jazz. I would be cautious of getting a used camera. DSLR's can be fragile and you can't garuntee how a used one has been treated- or get a warrentee on it. Do your camera research before you dive in. I personally love my Sony, but Rebels and other brands are well respected (don't get a no-namer- get something you can count on).
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2010