Sometimes, some people just need a good ole fashioned ass kicking! And this girl has just Begged for one! .... sort of a rant - question later.

I recently reconnected with a girl I went to grammar school with, she found me on FB. We've emailed a couple times and exchanged phone #s because she drives a truck and comes through where I live sometimes. She still lives in my childhood hometown. We're 40, so I knew her a very long time ago (we're talking 4th grade here). This week my mom had a heart attack and had to have double bypass and is in ICU. Yesterday I get a message on FB from this girl - "Call me I'm talking to your mom!". I thought What the hell?? and had to go back through my email to even find her cell number - I called it, no answer, so I sent a text. She finally calls me back and tells me that she visited my mom - that's great right? Till she tells me that she took in on herself to tell my mom this "Even though y'all don't get along I know she love you" and offered to call me from her cell so my mom could talk to me. cont'd below....

ItsNotSoBad

Asked by ItsNotSoBad at 7:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• She just goes on about how she told my mother WHO IS LAYING ICU that "it's okay that we don't get along, mother's and daughters are like that some time" -- I about flipped my lid. How dare she presume to speak for me to my mother! First off - I have a relationship with my mother and where this bitch got the idea that I don't get along with my mom, I have no idea! And second - and her's my question....... Are some people just soooo damn stupid and arrogant that they think THEY are duly self appointed to speak for someone they haven't seen in 30 years??

I swear, I could drive every mile of the 1000 miles between here and there just to punch her right in the mouth. She upset my mother!!@!! I'm so mad I could just rip her head right off and crap down her neck!
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 7:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Maybe in her own sick way she thought she was helping. Either way I would ennd the friendship with a explanation.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Wow ............................................................ That's f***ed. I will drive with you and hold her down. Your poor Mom, why on earth did the hospital let her in, I thought it was family only in ICU. Wow, you must be shaking with the anger , to answer your question, yes sadly there are some deluded people out there. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you speak to her.. you are gonna ring her aren't you?? .
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would be more upset that the hospital let her in. ICU visitation is for immediate family only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Right then in that moment all I could think about was my mom and I got the hell off the phone with her ASAP - told her ; "I'll call you again, bet on it - but right now I gotta get hold of my Dad" - She said, "Is something wrong" - I just bum-rushed her off the effin phone and called my dad. He didn't know she had gone to see my mom - he was home showering. It's a small town and her nurses know that she's a minister's wife - so visitation wasn't restricted. Yeah, hell yeah, I'm tittering between just going ahead and calling her back while I'm still seething with anger and waiting until I've calmed down before I speak to her again. Normally, I'm a "waiter" and prefer that calmer heads prevail - but this is my very sick mother we're talking about - and ALL rationale just goes right out the window. You mess with my family and my psycho, irrational, temperamental side tends to flair big time.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 7:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• That's bizarre. It sounds like she has mental health issues. I'm sorry it upset your mom.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yes, she needs that face smacked thats b/s! hopefully you'll get your chance 1 day.
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• whack job, stay away, far away....
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• WOW - that's insane. And the answer to your question - YES, some people are just that stupid. I would want to punch her too if she did that to me. Stay as far away from her as you can get. Block her on FB and don't answer her phone calls..she is not a good person.
    PS. Sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital and needed surgery - I hope she makes a great recovery.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• WOW! I think I would tell her that since she feels that she knows you so well that she can speak to your mother on your behalf, she should know you well enough to know how across the line this is to you, and you're done with her. Then tell her that she's shown that by going to your mom like that and upsetting her like that with her lies while she's in ICU of all places, you consider that her trying to kill your mom, and that shows just how nuts she is - so if she ever comes near you or yours, or tries to contact any of you again, you're going to get a restraining order against her and press harassment charges!

Then apologize to your mom, tell her that this woman recently looked you up from when you were friends decades ago, that you love her (mom) and have NO idea what delusions this person has.

Then talk to the hospital, tell them what happened, and ask that she be barred from your mom's visitor list!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:58 AM on Apr. 29, 2010