Still having throat and jaw/ear pain 5 weeks after surgery...

I had a partial hysterectomy on March 22. Since then, I've had throat pain and pain in my right ear and the right side of my jaw. I know this is coming from being intubated during surgery, but it should have gone away by now. I mentioned it to my Ob/Gyn the other day during my follow-up appointment, and all he said was that it should have gone away by now,he didn't tell me what I should do about it. I've been getting adjusted by my chiropractor but the pain is still there. Is there anything I can do about this? It's very frustrating.

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 8:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• Have you tried the dentist? It's possible that during surgery the tube may have infected a tooth. the pain you describe sounds like a tooth infection (currently battling an abscessed molar and I have the same symptoms). Since your pain is localized on the right side it sounds dental in nature.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm going to the dentist on Monday. I'll have him check it out.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2010