Stupid question but... did u fart during delivery?

I am so scard to fart in the docters face lol, I just want to see how common it is!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, anything thats in your colon is going to get pushed out. Pooping is common, so I would assume if there is any air in there, yes, you'd fart it out. Huh--- well. I guess I'd never really thought to much about that. LOL
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I not only farted, but I crapped on the delivery table. I drank a gallon of prune juice the night before because I thought I was constipated when I was really in labor.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Trust me, as embarrassing as it sounds you will not be too concerned with that when the time to push arrives.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 8:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Oh one more thing, normally I would have been very imbarrassed, but I was in so much pain that I didn't care, it was the least of my problems. That only happened with my first child, the next two that didn't happen
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Honestly... I have NO idea if I did! I don't know WHAT happened other than my son was born and it was wonderful! You won't care when the time comes and there will be no concerns with things like that!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I didn't, but I was in so much pain I didn't really care what was going on down there, as long as it involved getting the baby OUT
    JEM86

Answer by JEM86 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yes, while I was pushing I farted. The nurse was great cause she felt me tense up when I did it and she just said "It happens, keep pushing!". So I kept pushing and forgot I did it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't think you're really gonna care once you're in labor!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 9:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• not that i remember, but i might have had a bowel movement, i wouldn't have known and i know that is pretty common
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Honey, I farted in the doctor's face when he was sewing me up after I had my first. I was so embarassed but it didn't seem to bother him. I guess he's used to it!! I also pooped on the bed when I was pushing during the birth of my first, it happens. The nurse will just clean it up and keep going.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2010