Why is it that teenagers think they know everything and want to be grown so fast!?!?!?!?!

Tryititsfun

Asked by Tryititsfun at 9:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Do you remember being a teen? lol.... I also think it's because "parents" are giving them adult things, like cell phones, computers, access to adult situations.. We try to keep our boys children. Our 13 yr old doesn't have a cell phone, when he's on the internet I'm right next to him. He's not allowed to go anywhere if there isn't an adult present. We want him to be a kid for as long as he can... There's plenty of grownup time coming, why rush it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• For the same reason toddlers get into everything and they are in awe of everything that surrounds them and want to explore!
    They want to experience the life they hear about, they have no idea how fast those years go by or maybe they do?

Answer by older at 9:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My 15 year old won't listen to anything. No matter what you take from him punish or what have you. I wasn't this way as a child but my brother was way out of control.
    Tryititsfun

Answer by Tryititsfun at 9:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Because they are zealous for life but without the wisdom that comes with ageing!

There's a famous quote (can't for the life of me remember who it is now) where a man says of when he was a teenager how shocking it was that his father knew so little of the world and life. But when he, the son was in his 20s, he was shocked at how much his father had learned in so short a time. lol!

~JulieG
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Because parents are stupid!  Don't worry, we get smart again when they get older.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• We have the luck of having been a teenager and being able to see things differently. We can spot a bad situation a mile a way, but because they haven't live through it yet they don't see it. So to them we are just the stupidest people around! It took my teenage dd along time to come to the conclusion that I know some things she doesn't only because I was 17, and I remember. Some lessons they have to learn on their own, just keep them safe and let them learn.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Because they begin to see themselves more as adults than children. So think they know everything.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• haha, its a mystery we will never know!
    bellamaof4

Answer by bellamaof4 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 30, 2010