What exactly do you have to do to come to the US legally??

So many say that the "illeagals" are "breaking the law" and that if they came legally it would be ok. What does it take to come here legally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Defense/Citizenship.shtml
    My Hubby's been here legally from England for the past 11 yrs... It is possible.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You have to get permission from the US government and get a green card or visa. Since the US government is letting very few Mexicans immigrate there is no way for almost all of them to come to the US legally. They will cross the boarder and try to walk across the desert. People from churches will illegally leave bottles of water in the desert so they won't die. They get arrested if they get caught and it's a big controversy. It's too far to make it in the desert in the heat and many die.

Mexicans will also pack into trucks or vans. Police chases and accidents with many dying are common. Sometimes these accidents will also involve innocent families that are driving down the interstate.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Some Mexicans can cross the boarder. They will come in pick-up trucks and drive 1.5-2 hours from the boarder (I have never driven all the way there) to come to yard sales in Tucson. They will pile these trucks 6 or more feet high with stuff to take back to families in need or to resell to help support their families. 

I live in the Mexican area of Tucson. The Mexicans I see are hard working and very concerned about their families. I don't know where the supposed Mexican drug dealers are and Mexicans that are causing crime. I've only seen White drug dealers and the only people I've seen on TV that have shooting each other, ect. have been White. I pass a park where homeless hang out during the day and it's White men.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2010