More states adopting Az's new law

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Arizonas-immigration-law-could-come-to-Missouri/RoWR4ajCa0eRjIESnteUQw.cspx

It's also being considered in Tx, Ut, Id and Oh! Seems like Az did something right, don't it?

Clickable link to follow

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 9:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I live in Tucson. Many people, including law enforcement, don't like the new AZ law. It's racist and AZ should be ashamed, AZ did not do something right.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Whats the big deal? If you are here legally and have a green card, carry it with you. Its just like when I visit another country and I have to carry my passport. You need to be able to identify yourself. Do it legally, no problem. The ones that are most upset are the ones that are here illegally or know someone who is. The U.S. needs the jobs for their citizens, our hard earned tax money needs to help our legal citizens. No other country would allow illegal aliens to take up residence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The federal government did something wrong..they have ignored their job for far too long..and denied real protection of our borders..it is on them...and this bill arizona passed is like a mirror to federal law..It is WRONG to tie these states hands behind their backs when it comes to protecting the citizens..

70+% of Arizonans agrees with the bill...and apparently it is already working before even implemented those who were picking up illegals for work are thinking twice now
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Why is it racist? Because they are targeting illegal aliens. Just like we target other illegal activity. Why do we put people in prison for not paying their taxes? Should we just let them go too? Either way our country is being bled dry. We are supporting everyone but our citizens. Goodness, we are even giving illegal aliens free college education and our kids can't go because they can't afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It's racist and AZ should be ashamed, AZ did not do something right.

Can you show me exactly what about this bill is racist? And how is this bill racist and the federal law it's enforcing not racist?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Good
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• why is it racist?...there are too many ILLEGAL people, something NEEDS to be done
    I'm not saying this is the BEST way, but really don't see it as THAT big of a deal to ask for papers

why should I have to learn spanish to get a freaking job in the US?!?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• One of the more reasonable arguments against this bill and other states adopting the same type of bill is that certain democrats state that it is irresponsible to pass an unfunded mandate for the state when we have budgetary issues and high unemployment to look after first. The problem with this argument is that while I agree that it is irresponsible to pass an unfunded mandate, wouldn't that reasonably rule out the validity of an unfunded mandate for every citizen of our country to purchase an insurance policy from a private third party? Add that to the fact that this administration and many of the state's governments haven't addressed how to foster an economic environment that creates jobs since our skyrocketing unemployment problem started, nor have the addressed how to solve budgetary issues, besides finding new ways to spend money states and the fed already don't have. Wag the dog, anyone?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• LOL anon 7:19! You are absolutely correct!

I almost fell over this morning while listening to the local news. They were talking about the AZ law and pointing out how it could be enforced. They even suggested our state of Oregon should adopt such legislation! Umm, this was a liberal tv station in a very liberal state! It seems there are some areas where some liberals and conservatives still come together. Of course, I don't beliee for a minute that Oregon would adopt such a law!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2010