I had to drop out:(

Reality has not completely sunk in BUT I was 1/2 way through my xray tech program and my sitter got a job offer she could not turn down but I had a wk notice to find someone for my 2,5 and 6 yr old. Then my SO lost his job so we decided I would quit and hope to go back. Since I was 1/2 way through I can do limted scope but those jobs are far and few between, but I will take the test and try to find a job. I am just really depressed and I feel like a drop out. The director says I could come back next yr and was really great. I guess I fear I may not be able to go back. So for now I am back to job searching and plan to work.I just feel my hopes and dreams were flushed down the toilet and try to adjust from a crazy schedule to nothing.I guess its not an exact quetion but maybe others can relate or have advice?? THX:)

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in

• Don't feel depressed about putting your school on hold. You can always go back. I took a couple year break from college due to crazy circumstances beyond my control, went back and got my bachelor's degree. I need go back for master's and Phd but its just not possible at this moment but I know I will get back to it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If SO is home and can watch the kids why don't you go back now. It seems a shame to me. I hope somebody gets a good job soon. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• look at it as you are just delaying going back. you will just not right now. you are needed and this will come to pass and you will be right back. hang in there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• He got a job already and I need to work so we can equal what he is making ....We have to work if we want a home! DUH
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• that blows!! I guess I would try my best to find the limited scope job,,, and try and go back,, YOUR not a failure, you have just hit a bump in the road,, next year go back and all will be fine, so sorry!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2010