Has anyone on cafemom ever stayed at Hospitality house of charlotte in NC while your child has been at the hospital?

My daughter is having surgery in charlotte on May 7th. Me and my fiancee are on a waiting list to stay there while my daughter is at the hospital. What is it like staying there? Do you really have to do chore and clean while you are there? etc

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Travel

• No, I have not personally, But I know someone who has. I lived in charlotte for 10 years, and had a friend who was in Greensboro, his parents stayed their when his baby sister was in the hospital. From what I can recall, they DID have to participate in household cleanup, and be responsible for their messes- just like they were at home. But it wasn't a major deal, and Bud even said that it helped him to take his mind off of everything, to have something to do.

There is a lot in the city to do/look at/enjoy, even if someone is still recovering. Lots of low key attractions, and it would be worth looking at the city site to see what is going on in that time frame.

Hope all goes well, I know first hand, how scary it is when one of your babies has to go under, so you'll be in my thoughts.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2010