WHY AM I SO FAT????

I dont get it i hvaent always been over weight......im 23 and im 242lbs 5'7......i got preg at 16yrs and i was only around 155-160lbs then i just gained gained gained....and here i am 82lbs heavier.....:*( not happy at all....but im making a life change no soda no junk food no eating pass 8 unless its a couple fresh vegies and a glass of water...also i only drrink diet green tea and water... no pasta anymore....well any ideas will help I will NOT take diet pills i fell like this..................I didnt take pills to get FAT so i shouldnt have to take them to get SKINNY!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• then good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I also workout now at least 4 times a week on the wii total of about 2.5-3 hours plus i lift light weights also have the bender ball try to do that too i see that im gaining a lot of muscal...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm in the same boat. Just started a new diet this week.. Well, not actually a diet but a lifestyle change!! Drinking only water besides a glass or two of diet dr pepper a week.. Eat fruit or veggies with every meal... I've also started taking vitamin b-12.. Not a diet pill but it speeds up the metabolism.. I need to lose about 100 lbs.. So good luck !I hope it works out for you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I gained alot too. I am changing my diet and lost almost 20 pounds so far. I am at 183:) Still feel so fat but one day at a time! I am doing what is called the eat clean diet. Its really just a healthy way to eat but takes time to learn what you can and can't have and I experiement with recipes weekly. You are young so you can lose that weight just need to find something that works and you can do without feeling overly frustrated! I am very much against pills so thats never a choice for me!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• count your calories is all I can tell you- I have lsot 10 lbs this month and eating about 1600 cals a day (average) I do good all week and take one day to eat what I want. Do not deprive yourself of food you like, jsut be aware of how many cals are in those things. I still eat pasta and ice cream sandwiches make a great desert because they only have like 15 cals. I have something for desert every day so I stay happier :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• PLEASE send me a message. I may be known for being harsh on obesity, but there is also a good reason that I feel free to talk about it. I gained over 100 lbs after the birth of my first child, when I was 16. I was 5'5 and weighed in @ 220... I lost all but 5lbs of it (I also grew 2 inches while I was pregnant, so I really lost it all). It took me 2 1/2 years, but I did it without drugs. And now, after 3 kids, am 25, 5'6 and weigh in @ 135. I work hard, every day to keep a positive attitude, and to keep away from my bad habits. I did that to myself, and I know if I can do THAT, I can keep it off too!

Been there, done that, and if you want some support you know where to find it. I only frown on people who feel it is OK to live this way, and never do anything to change it. I commend you for your efforts!!! I am living PROOF that it can be done!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:20 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think if you have all that weight to loose, I recommend starting counting carbs instead of calories. Consume 20 grams a day and you will see results, get yourself the New Aktins for a new you, read and understand what makes you burn that fat, good luck!

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Agree with older and make sure to take Vitamin D---it really helps!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:27 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I took diet pills to jump start.Then after that you dont need them once your at the GYM 4 days a week.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:28 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Low carb does not work long term. Once you start eating carbs again the weight come back. 20 grams of carb per day is too low. You need carbs for energy, you just need healthy carbs.

I think you're onto a great start. Just remember it took time to gain it and will take time to lose it.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:37 AM on Apr. 29, 2010