stripping the membrains ?

I am just kind of curouis has anyone ever had this done , and if so what were your thoughts and results of this?

corey229

Asked by corey229 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did with my son. I was at 39 weeks. IT HURT!!!!! But I did go in labor that night.
    My sister did with her son... TWICE... and it had no baring on whether or not she went into labor.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I had an epi and it still was very uncomfortable and down right painful. I wouldn't want them doing that without an epi. I shouted in pain which i didnt do throughout my entire labor.
    DeeCeeVee

Answer by DeeCeeVee at 11:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I had it done with my first, and the actual "stripping" part didn't hurt as much as after it was all said and done. When my doc stripped my membranes it felt like a little pop, but I immediately started cramping and was sick all day. I went into labor that night. It depends on the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It hurt worse than labor..

Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2010