did anyone lose feeling during sex after having a hysterectomy?

I am 26 and just had our second baby which ended in an emergency hysterectomy. My six weeks is finally up and hubby and I were so ready to have sex. But he enjoyed it although he said it felt different. and I didn't feel nothing. Is this typical, does it fix it self? Anyone else experience this?

weaveress

Asked by weaveress at 10:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• I had a C-section for my daughter and everything was fine after the 6 weeks. I'm not sure why it would feel different since they went into an incision at the abdomen and right to the uterus. But you should talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I did not have a problem after my hysterectomy. Try out "hystersisters.com" (or maybe .org) .....they are a support group for women facing or after a hyst. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago and I have never had any problems with sex.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I just had a hysterectomy 6 weeks ago, and got the clearance from my doctor to resume all activities, and so far, everything has been fine!! Just give it a little time, you may have just been tense and nervous since it was the first time since your surgery.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'm 2 years out from my hysterectomy and have this problem too. No matter what we do, it takes forever for my body to respond and it hurts for the first few minutes. I've spoken to my doctor about it and was told it is just "in my head" because I still have my ovaries. Even my SO says it's different. Don't know what to tell you, just wanted you to know you're not alone!
    Eris822

Answer by Eris822 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I'm going on 4 yrs since my hysterecomy and I still don't have that feeling I want to have sex and it takes me forever to get into it when I do which is about 1 time every 3 months. My dh gets so frustrated but I can't help it I have talked to my dr and he doesn't know. Goods luck! It just dooesn't feel the same to meI have nothing left by the way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010