Husband works out of town - I need advice

My husband has been out of work for 6 months - he finally landed a job out of town. He works out of town all week and comes home on the weekends. I am grateful that he is working. I know many people are out of work and how much it means to have a good job again. I am just really having a hard time right now. I am currently packing the whole household up to move in a month. Fortunately we only have about 1 more month to get through this. But man all I want to do right now is curl up with a book and shut out the world. I am really in a funk and don't want to to anything productive. I have so much work to do packing the house up and taking care of a 2 year old and a 10 year old, not to mention trying to catch up on unpaid bilsl from his unemployment. I need advice on how to make it through this time - I know it will not be forever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that you need to take a day for yourself. it will give you a break as well as put your mind back in a productive mode to pack.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yup I have been there. Do what needs to be done then take some time for yourself each day and curl up with a good book!! That is exactly what I do!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:08 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• lol, I'm there with you right now. Well sorta. We were all packed up for a move, literally had all our stuff in the truck and drove it to our destination! Then everything fell thru and we have to go back to my grandma's house. I have nowhere to live! It sucks. So as everyone else said, take a day to yourself and try to relax for a bit. Don't think about it all, even for just an hour. Good luck and I hope you feel better!
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 11:44 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It will definitely not be forever. You take some time to curl up with a book. When you are in a better frame of mind you'll find it's easier to get the work done. We were in a similar situation. My DH found a job out of state and we had about two weeks to pack up our house, find a place to live there and figure out how to pay our prorated rent for the month and still have enough money to move. It was awful. I wanted to close the curtains and go back to bed. We did it though and so will you. It's hard but if you have family to help, ask them to help out with packing or maybe even watching your little one while your older child is in school so you can have time to get yourself together and get your work done. Before you know it, you'll be in your new place and everything will be better.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Remember 1 more month! You can do it girl!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• thank you ladies so much for your responses. I just needed to vent and get that out there. This is my first time on a blog and it is amazing how much better you feel when you know you are not the only person out there. I guess I needed some affirmation that it is OK to take some time out for me. Me time without the guilt is so much easier said than done.
    Good luck to you Tes...Jacksmami.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 12:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• my husband works outta town like this also but its a permanent thing..we have done this for years...all i can say is hang in there and suck it up.it could be alot worse it could be permanent like mine..nothing is ever as bad as it seems! its only a month left you can do this!
    Anonymous