How much is too much??

When is it too much bleeding during AF? And when are you supposed to call a dr?? In 5 hours I've soaked through 3 super tampons......so I'm just wondering. Just an FYI though, I didnt have AF for about 2 months, and she finally started yesterday, so I dont know if its because of that.

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• haha oh Like a year ago my periods were SOOO bad i was changing my tampon like 14 times a day like by the time i left the bathroom i had to turn right around and change again it was sooo bad it was like that for 8 months or so i finally got insurance and went to the doc my iron level thing was a 7 from so much blood loss i guess and they put me on some birthcontrol b/c they found cyst on my overies (i am 25 if that makes a diff) but my periods were sooooo bad and they lasted 6 to 8 days but now after the BC they are fine only like 3 days now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If you are concerned call your doctor. Your doctor may want to see you just in case it could be something more serious. Go get yourself checked out.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 11:05 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• whats AF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• AF=Aunt flow......
    just an easier way to say your period around here lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• holy cow I wrote a whole bunch and my stupid computer didnt send it ugh! long story short the reason I was put on depo when I was 19 (almost 24 now) was bc of heavy periods, but I dont remember if it was this bad. I was off depo for like 2-3 years and got preggo then back ok it after wards. (from jan 09-oct 09) then the periods were getting more normal until Jan of this year. I had a 40 day cycle then this 58 or 59 day cycle! I'm wondering if bc I put back on the 20lbs I lost while breast feeding. Around fall 09 I started to gain it back. So I'm afraid it could be a thyroid issue. (I weigh about 180-185) IDK.....guess I could always call and ask a nurse.....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• well, just went to the bathroom again, and it may be slowing down! yay, I sure hope it does!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 29, 2010