Im getting depressed.

Nothing seems to be going right or easy. Im 19 with NO g.e.d, No drivers license, sahm. Im just about to blow up. Im Even thinking about going to a therapist. I cant go to school beacuse i have no family or no one to take care of my child, daycare is unaffordable. Drivers License omg, i need to do so much crap, i need to pay full price or the exam and glasses, then pay a dotcor for a physical, then pay this then pay that. THEN FIND A CHEAP CAR. I stay at home with my wonderfull 2 yr old. I feel soo lost, i see people younger then me and they have it all together, (car, done with shcool. good job, and have more the one kid.) i feel like im gonna live a lost life forever. My husband works 6 days a week, for 12 hours. ( Also no g.e.d or license . okay job) ARE WE EVER GONNA GET BETTER, WILL I EVER HAVE WHAT I WANT, IM GOING CRAZZZY. and i have no one to help me. no friends ,and our family lives in other far away states.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Being a stay at home parent is hard work. You have a full time job taking care of your wonderful 2 year old. It is a hard and sometimes overwhelming and lonely work.

If you need help paying for your glasses there are many options out there. There are also programs out there for childcare while you are in school. Most community colleges offer childcare, and you can usually get a substantial amount of financial aid to go to school if you qualify. Once in school, you qualify for very affordable health care - which also pay for glasses.

Take it one step at a time. Try to accomplish one thing today and then something else tomorrow. That one thing can be as simple as a phone call to the college counselor.

Maybe you don't get your license right now, maybe all you need to get is a photo ID. You don't need a physical or glasses for a photo ID.

jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 11:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I know you dont see any question , i just need some advice, and help just someone to talk to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Im so sorry that you are feeling down. Have you looked into daycare assitance form the state? I think most states will pay daycare if you are low income and going to school. Its worth checking out!

I think what you sound like you really need is a DAY OUT! I have been there so many times when my kids were little. A day to yourself can do wonders for your attitude....I even joined a moms group at a local church just to get out, talk to adults, and let my kids play with other kids one morning a week. I really dont think I would have survived mommyhood without my weekly "fix".
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• ok hon,
    obviously you need to get your ged.....there are online ged classes available, sign up and get it done......
    I also assume that you qualify for medicaid sign up for that and get your eyes taken care of.......
    once you both get your ged's look into the military....the pay is not great and without college, no high rank for you but you can get on base housing,free medical, and they will help pay for college(tuition and classes) he will have to pay for his books.
    also most bases have onsite daycare for their soldiers kids, I doubt its free but it might be cheaper than offbase.
    the drivers license is a luxory that you dont need right now, get a state id....any car you could afford would be really old and your car insurance would be very high considering your young age.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 12:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It WILL get better in time. You could make a list of all of the things that you would like to accomplish and work on them one at a time, starting with your GED. You can be doing some of these things while caring for your little one. When she gets older then you can start working on some of the things that are harder to accomplish right now. Consider waiting a while before having more children so that you can feel better about your contributions to your family. For the record I think that having a stay at home parent is the very best thing that you can offer your child, so this is just about you feeling good about your personal accomplishments. Public transportation or a bicycle can solve your transportation issues, both are way cheaper alternatives for you. You need money to buy a car, put gas in it, insurance for it and maintainance on it. A bike with a seat on it for your little one and you can do a lot of things.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I just turned 20 4/11 and I have a 2 girls one is almost 3 and my other is almost 7 weeks... I totally understand how you feel.
    If you are looking for something to do at home just PM me.
    But my advise is this when your little is napping just sit and breath for 5-10 minutes don't think of stress just cool down and relax for that little bit of time. It helps clear my head keep my sanity.

Best of wishes, i hope to hear from you soon!

~Bershelle
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 1:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• GED,JOBS, etc.. etc.. has nothing to do with anything. You will change when you are sick of being that way.

The franchise owner of Mcdonalds had no such education-hes doing just fine-its you thats got to make  the change.

Everyone gets blown these situations-its how you react to them thats different-you are letting them get you down instead of driving them to excel you.

If you want money-I can help just contact me. No one ever promsied life would be easy.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Have you thought about doing a home business? They give you flexibility to take care of your child and still bring in some money.

I do PrePaid Legal .. there are many people in this company your age that have been successful and bring in a decent income.

This is a 38 yr old company with a A+ rating with the better business bureau and trades on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) .. recently named one of the best home business opportunities by Forbes magazine.

Tripled my investment within 2 weeks and quit part time job within a month!

www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com

I love this business and I love that it gives me the tools to help others ! Company has a great support system to help you succeed - great leadership, mentors and team mates!

Things aren't going to get better overnight, but they will get better. Hang in there and message me if you want more info.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 2:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Is there public transit in your area? Is there a community college with GED classes? Do you have a friend, neighbor or relative you can trade child care with?

You need to make plans and set goals (which you should have done before deciding to have a child).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010