I am broke, is this wrong?

I am really broke for the next few weeks. We have enough to get by on but I am out of cigarretetees. I broke into my kids piggy bank so I could by a carton of cigs. I feel guilty but at least I am not withdrawing from nicotine.

You think this makes me a bad mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• me personally, yea, I think that is pretty crappy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would be ashamed... very very ashamed
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I have broken into the piggy bank before. Not for cigarettes, but for lunch money. Just put it back when you get it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• That is pretty low.........

Answer by older at 11:25 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I have borrowed from my kids piggy bank LOTS of times, I just always make sure to put it back (or more). Everyone will be critical of you using it for cigarettes, but everyone has their own discretion what they spend their money on. Its not for us to judge!
    If it makes you feel better, spend the diaper money on the cigarrettes, and use the baby's money for diapers!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:26 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yes i do. ive run out of ciggerates many times, but i REFUSE to touch my sons piggy bank for ciggerates EVER.
    however, if you put it back ASAP, you should be alright. i really wouldnt make a habit of it. dont use your kids money to kill yourself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Um they got the money from you in the first place, LOL! Your gonna get bashed for spending it on cigs, but you know what your life your kid your money,, just put it back!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:30 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I guarantee that EVERYONE who answered saying that it was wrong, and making you feel like a crappy mom, is NOT a smoker. I am a smoker...and I probably would have done the same thing...of course I would put it back as soon as I could. I don't think it's a big deal, as long as you plan to replace it. You're not a bad mom, and I don't think you were wrong. I would be a HORRIBLE mom if I didn't have my cigarettes lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Who cares what everyone else thinks? Why are you asking on here when you obviously know its wrong. I am a smoker and yes I would get into my childs piggy bank for cigs if needed but I always make sure I return the money.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 11:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I could understand a pack, but a carton?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Apr. 29, 2010