My search for a potty is about to begin for my baby girl...what do you think..

Should I go with the Laugh and Learn potty chair or the Princess Potty chair that talks and sings? lol
I know, some of you may say just get a regular plain ol potty chair or just teach her straight on the toilet..but I really want to get one of the ones I meantioned above...they only get to potty train once, right? lol
Anyway..what do you think ? Or do you know of another one that is just as cute?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well honestly i would say that it depends on your kid. First I bought the Frog potty for my son....it was cute but it hurt his legs to sit on it....so away that went. Then I bought a small seat that sits on the big toilet...that worked too except he couldnt do it himself. Then we got this elmo potty,...it worked only I hated cleaning it cuz u had to remove the top to get the bucket out to dump it. So then we ended up with the Pooh potty...it was perfect. turns into a seat for the big potty and stool after. and low and behold it talks i didnt figure that part out till much later...
    lildqsmama

Answer by lildqsmama at 3:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Get whatever you want. My kids only used them 3 or 4 times before moving on to the regular potty.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Some kids actually get scared by the bells and whistles. Sorry, no advice here except the advice you said you didn't want to hear. They only get to potty train once... tell that to the preschoolers forum and see what they say about that! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• go for the plain one....

the other ones novelty will wear off.

get one that looks most like the big toilet - it will encourage them to move up to that one when they 'get it'
    Anonymous

• OP here: Holy Moly! I just looked up the princess potty chair at Toys R Us and they wast $65 for a chair!! LOL The laugh and Learn Potty is only $30 , so I may have answered my own question,lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My son used his potty chair for about 2 years before moving on to the "BIG" potty
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Circo (Target brand) plain old potty, $10.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Don't buy the baby Bjorn floor potty. It got great reviews but my Son won't sit on it because he says it hurts his heiney. I just use the regular cushion potty seat for the toilet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I tend to agree with the others that say to go simple. However, if you're going to buy one of these two, pick whichever one is easier to clean. That's usually the biggest challenge with the fancier potties.
    Anonymous

• There's no point in spending that extra money on something they're going to crap in. Honestly.
    I got my toddler potty that converts into a seat for the adult toilet and a stepstool at walmart for 15 dollars.

I agree with another post. Whichever you go with go with one that is easy to use, convertible for the adult toilet (the seat can be attached to the adult toilet) and is easier to clean. That way you're not having to buy five different seats as they get older.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010