c0-sleeping

hi, my baby is 9 mos old and i have her crib in my bedroom w/the crib right next to my bed. Anyone else do this? the only thing i am afraid of is that eventually she may not want to go in her own bedroom, but right now i like checkin up on her in the middle of the night and if she cries i am right there..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had a problem transitioning them to their own rooms. They felt safe, secure, and knew that mommy would be there in a flash if they needed. I wouldn't fret over it, you're a ways from that anyway.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:46 AM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I always slept with my kids in a "side car" arrangement with the crib up against my bed, and pulled them into bed with me for nursing during the night. I was able to move them into their own room with little difficulty at about a year. Do what works now, and don't worry so much about later. Right now you are meeting her needs which is good!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think its great to have them in your room until they are a year because I read it decreases the risk of SIDS.
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I slept with mine in the bed with me until he was at least 5, then in the same room forever. He was independent enought to spend the night at a friends house all night at 5. With no issues. I have seen kids that were in their own room since birth not be able to handle that. He went to his granpas and slept in his own room at the other end of te house at that age too. So, the only negative effect it will have is if you make it one. Co-sleeping does not always equal can't sleep on their own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• thanks! i feel better knowing im not the only one..i have the crib right against my bed too..guess i will wait and see what happens :)
    Anonymous