was it a big mistake or should i push through it (marriage)

hi i got married and well it started of great as always and for some reason now i cant stand him everything he does disgust me and sex o boy there is none im just disgusted by him i know i love him but idk wats wrong mind u i am prego and it all started after i found out i was pregnant i wanna fix this but idk wat to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I went through this. I think all marriages go through rocky times. We worked it out. We didn't do anything but stick with it. It really worked itself out really. When I was pregnant and when the kids were just born were the hardest times. Stick with it. Now my kids are 14, 7 and 4 and our marriage has never been better.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You might try counseling couples or just for you to make sure of your decision. You don't want to make such a big decision without being sure while you are under the influence of hormones. Sex problems can be fixed with the right counseling.

If you decide to get divorced my advice is to not rush into another relationship. There are plenty of guys out there looking for single moms they cant trick into needing them and then they abuse them.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• thanks for the advice guys i appreciae it
    Anonymous

• You should never make major life decisions during a pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• pregnancy is stressful. Having a kid kinda solidifies the bond you have with your spouse. You can't take it back and that can feel overwhelming since its the first time you really can't backtrack in your life. I wouldn't make any huge choices during that time unless something was obviously very wrong. If you don't know why you're upset, I would guess its hormones. Give him a chance, work on communication skills and see if you start feeling better. Also, if you're not happy with how things are going for you personally, its easy to project that dissatisfaction onto your spouse so try to make things better for you and see if your outlook doesn't improve. I'm sure he isn't perfect but we're not always peaches ourselves :) Just try to come to him as an ally and not an enemy if you do need to confront him- its the best advice I ever got.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• men are gross, its normal to realize that!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Don't discount the power of hormones. They can do funny things like make your husband look like a piece of fresh meat, or make him look like he has horns growing out of his head! Hang in there. When that man stands at your side through childbirth, encouraging and supporting you, you're going to be so glad you have him!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I went through that after I had my baby. Like a pp has said, don't make ANY big decisions while pregnant and never underestimate the power of hormones. It took me almost a year of wanting to puke whenever my dh came near me before I finally got over it. Talk to your doctor and try some counseling, good luck!!

Anonymous

• i was mean as hell with my first... but horney! so it was fine to him... i stopped feeling that way after the baby was born and i saw what an awesome father he was! with the second i would just be really emotional and sex discusted me... (he prefered me mean and horney!) so preg can do that to you... your hormones are haywire. i would wait and see. get some distance for now. see how things pan out. see if you cannot focus on the issues that bother you the most and changing him with praise and rewards..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010