The Crusades? Witch Trials??

I know, and have met on this site, people who not only don't believe that Nazi Germany was a bad thing, but that support it... Are there people out there that think The Crusades or the Witch Trials were a good thing too??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• probably. there are a lot of nuts on here. as well as out in the rest of the world. stupidity is rampant.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Unfortunately, I'm sure there are... I've had more than one person tell me I should be burned... Something tells me those people see nothing wrong with the witch trials or the Crusades... Death in order to further the Christian (or other Religious) Agenda has been a fact of life for millennia and won't be changing any time soon... There will always be supporters!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm sure.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Anyone who supports genocide is a sociopath.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

Ding ding ding!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Well for the Crusades it depends - there was more than one and most people have no real historical understanding of them. The Crusades originally were launched in response to a call from the Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Seljuk Turks. It's similar to WWI where Germany was expanding into other countries. The Crusades didn't start as Westerners invading peacful Arabs, but as trying to hold back invaders. Like many wars the Crucades involve a complex historical situation with no easy answers. People generally want to simplfy such things down to "good guys" and "bad guys" but in reality that is never the case. To claim that the Crusades were all wrong is historically dishonest - for may people it's reasonable to view them as legitimate defense of lands.
    Anonymous

• Anon - I think the OP was referring to the "Religious Crusades" throughout Europe... Not the Wars in general, but the torture and murder of millions of people based on Religious Allegations... And there, there IS a bad and good guy... Anyone who kills or even threatens another person based solely on religion or even worse, untrue allegations, it a "Bad Guy!"

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Whatever. You all are going to blame every thing on Christians. Well, why isn't there good weather right now? Is it due to Christians not praying enough or what? Who shall we blame for the economy? The war in Iraq?
    Christianity is not bad. It is PEOPLE who are bad.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• "Whatever. You all are going to blame every thing on Christians. Well, why isn't there good weather right now? Is it due to Christians not praying enough or what? Who shall we blame for the economy? The war in Iraq?
    Christianity is not bad. It is PEOPLE who are bad."

You're kidding right? The question isn't about blaming Christians... And I have yet to see one answer which is blaming anything on Christians. It's a FACT that these things happened! Just like it's a FACT that Nazi Germany happened... Does that mean that we can blame the Germans for everything too? Acting like a victim, just makes you look bad, you know that? MILLIONS of people WERE killed in the advance of the Christian Crusades, but no one alive today took place in those actions. And no one is blaming today's Christians. The question simply was are there still those who think these were good actions... Apparently, there are, my guess is you are one of them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• So are you wenona mandy. No different.
    Anonymous