8mnths and still dont sleep thought the night wat can i do

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is your baby a breastfed baby? If so then they don't sleep through the night as well as a formula fed baby. Are you co-sleeping? You didn't really give us that much information to help you out. If your baby is formula fed, you can always add some rice cereal to the last bottle before bed. Don't let her take the bottle to bed, because of toothrot.
    Anonymous

• Mine didn't sleep through the night until we stopped bf at 13 months
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• she is not breastfed anymore hasnt been for 4mnths and she sleeps in her crib
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My son is 6 and has never slept thru the night. He gets up every night and crawls in my bed. Good luck with that :)
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 1:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Does she still try and bf? If some have someone else go and sooth her a little when she wakes up at night. She might be upset that she wants some boob and you're not giving it to her. If not try and sooth her and then leave or get a web cam so you can make sure she's okay if she's crying. That's what we did so we weren't constantly checking on him and he got the hint. When he goes up to bed he maybe whines for a few seconds before we leave the room but otherwise he's quiet even if he doesn't go to sleep right away. I know it's frustrating! Hang in there she'll sleep eventually.
    Anonymous

• My son is 10.5 months old and he doesn't sleep through the night. He did for 2 months (at 6 and 7 months) but then he started teething and good nights sleep went out the window. I think we just have to deal with it! I just get up everynight and comfort him and get him to go back to sleep. Sometimes I will nurse him or give a bottle. Last night he got up 3 times - and ate each time!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You don't. It's a baby not a puppy that you crate train.
    Anonymous

• my son is 9 months now and he doesnt sleep through the night all the time either he does more often now but he still gets up 1 time at night sometimes which i think is pretty good but like i said he is starting to sleep through the night more often now just give it time every baby is different
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 2:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sleeping through the night is a mere five hours. Don't expect dusk to dawn for a LONG time yet. By the time it happens, you'll be able to function on only three in a row!

Baby has to grow into this. Nothing for you to do at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• For us, our baby is 16 months old, but she was up around 8-10 months too. Had a lot to do with teething, but she was also having nightmares. She just outgrew it. We gave her a bottle later at night and moved her bath up about a half hour. That helped. Also, if it gets really bad and you're BFing, trying 2 shots of gin and then breastfeeding about 20 minutes later. That worked for us, too. And it's safe.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 10:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010