differing belly sizes

So I'm 29 weeks pregnant and my belly is pretty big already. I've got a small frame and I was thin (118 lbs) before getting pregnant. Today I was talking with another pregnant girl who is 25 weeks. I was looking at her belly and she barely looks pregnant to me. Her stomach isn't flat but I don't think anyone has even noticed that she's pregnant she just looks out of shape. It's strange to me that my belly could be so large and round at 29 weeks and she's just 4 weeks behind me and barely looks pregnant. Thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Size of the baby
    Anonymous

• it all depends on the person

I wore regular pants into the hospital to deliver, not maternity pants
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• my dh's cousin was due a month before me but she was huge, her baby was born right on time and was only 7lbs something.. i was big too but not as big as her and my son was born a month early 8lbs ... everyone just grows different
    Anonymous

• every woman and baby are different. I was smaller than my friend who was six weeks behind me for a long time, until i hit about 34 weeks.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It all has to do with a persons height, genetics, and where the uterus is positioned. I am short and thin and get big fast. When I was 10 weeks and buy maternity clothes because mine did not fit. My SIL who was 8 months was just showing and buying her first pair of maternity cloths. It is amazing how different everyone is and so glad we all are.

Anonymous

• Size of the baby

That has nothing to do with that. My SIL had 8lb babys and I had 6lb baby's and she will show around 7 to 8 months. Where as I show around 4 weeks to 12 weeks.
    Anonymous

• My theory is that it's how in shape you are. My yoga instructor didn't show til 8 months.
    Anonymous

• NOT the size of the baby -- my 1st was 6 lbs and I had strangers asking me if I was about to deliver at just 6 months. By the time I was 8 months, strangers (grrr!) were also informing me that I was carrying twins (of course, I wasn't). It's your body and how you carry. I joke that my babies stand horizontally in my uterus, because my belly sticks out so far. With my second someone guessed I was 6 months pregnant when I was 14 weeks!!! I'm 5'2 and 110 lbs without pregnancy weight.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Also I don't think it has anything to do with being in shape. With my first I had just run a marathon before conceiving and I swam and ran or walked 5 days a week throughout the entire pregnancy (I was swimming laps on my due date). Second time around I had a lot of morning sickness, a toddler, and didn't feel much like exercising. I gained less weight but showed just as much.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• every pregnancy can be different! this is my 4th pregnancy, and i think this is the prettiest baby belly i have ever had.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010