Do you want to deter illegals from coming to The US?

I propose that every individual should be asked for ID every time he or she wants to buy something. You want to buy game tickets you must present an ID, you want to eat a restaurant you must present an ID, if you want to buy milk and eggs you have to show your ID. This is what I proposed. And you ideas do you have to stop illegals from coming to The USA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a big border. We live in Tucson. There was a land owner that had a ranch on the border and recently he and his dog were shot. From what I saw on TV the guy wasn't a nice guy at all but why did the Mexicans or whoever have to shoot the dog? Anyway the land owners are all upset and want National Guard troops back guarding the border. This one land owner said that just on his land over half a million people have been caught trying to get to the US. WOW!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I agree that illegals should not be allowed to come in. At least not without going thru the proper paperwork to become citizens. The US has enough poverty without giving away more jobs to individuals that are not citizens.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would rather they get stopped at the border than get here and get put in jail, or worse.

DebTiMiLaSa

Answer by DebTiMiLaSa at 2:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• What does ID prove? Illegals can get false identification...happens all the time
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 2:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I do not want to deter people from coming to the US unless they are criminals (as in, a crime besides crossing some imaginary line in the dirt). I also do not believe human beings can be illegal. I believe that all human beings are equal regardless of where on Earth they were born. I believe that if my neighbor has inadequate health care, safety, food, etc, then I should share. This is how I see most of the people coming into our country illegally - they are fellow human beings who are desperate for a better life. If we had a better system of accommodating their needs, they wouldn't be exploited as much as they are now by people who want cheap landscaping, fruits and vegetables, etc, and we would also be better able to keep drug smugglers, kidnappers, and other true criminals out.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Who wouldn't rather that? The problem is the government hasn't been doing the job and when these states ask to be able to do it or for their help it never happens.Then everyone wants to get up in arms and point at the state and boycott them for doing something.NICE
    Anonymous

• very well said felipesmom!!! i agree 1000000%%% i am so glad to see some one that views this issue the same as i. ty
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 2:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i agree felipes mom....crossing some imaginary line int he dirt does NOT make a person a criminal...
    Anonymous

• The bill addresses those who hire as it is already starting to work before even implemented.
    Anonymous

• I also do not believe human beings can be illegal. I believe that all human beings are equal regardless of where on Earth they were born. I believe that if my neighbor has inadequate health care, safety, food, etc, then I should share. This is how I see most of the people coming into our country illegally - they are fellow human beings who are desperate for a better life.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

You have a good argument there. But these days unfortunately the only way to live harmoniously is by using the law enforcement. Nobody does anything good nowadays. If someone does anything good it is because they are afraid of something or they know that some compensation will come after doing something good. Not to sound paranoid but I think that we are living our last days. There is chaos every where.
    Anonymous