Do you think that Americans are willing to take illegals jobs?

Most of illegals coming from Mexico work here cleaning houses, cleaning hotels, they work in sweatshops, they serve in restaurants, and they work as construction workers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know someone whose husband has been out of work for months, and there are plenty of jobs available around here. Subway, Steak and Shake, the new Walgreens that just opened, there's a temp agency that always has jobs available, a rehab facility that is hiring for maintenance workers, yet he "can't find a job." If I had no money coming in and kids to take care of, I'd take any job I could get, even if it wasn't something I WANTED to do, rather than living off the government. You do what you have to do, not necessarily what you want to do. So to answer your original question, yes I think illegals are willing to take jobs that Americans don't want.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Nope, those jobs are left for minorites, because minorities are the only ones actively seeking work....no matter how "low" people think it is.
    BUT on the other hand....you can't honestly say they are getting paid min wage, because they have no rights and can be easily turned in....so employers can get away with paying them less!
    Anonymous

• I am sure there are plenty of Americans that will take there jobs.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 2:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Oh I'm sure. As bad as the economy is, people will settle for anything.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

_________________________________________________
    I WOULD GLADLY CLEAN SOMEONES HOUSE I LOVE TO CLEAN!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yeah, but the economy won't be bad forever. then what? the kids growing up are so sheltered these days that they won't know how it was now.
    there will always be jobs people feel too high for.
    Anonymous

• Well, let's see - I have cleaned houses, worked in a laundry room at a hotel, been a waitress, and helped my Granddaddy hang drywall on summer vacation. So, yes I have (and would again) done these jobs. As for working is a sweatshop - don't know where there are any in my area.
    mykidsmom75067

Answer by mykidsmom75067 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i have seen numerous people get laid of and whine about no jobs then some one tell them so and so restaraunt is hiring and they turn their noses up at it. as if they are too good for it. then they go jobless and complain about no work..and that the immigrants are taking all their jobs....well u were offered it and u refused because u were too qualified...man money is money...if nothing else just until u find something in your own career field....every little bit helps....no i do not think most americans would take those jobs....i have and am currently an american working one of those jobs..and it is not for the faint of heart...def longer hours less and alot of labor involved..some jsut cant handle it. but the immigrants are used to working int he fields for 14 hours a day for next to nothing. so they are used to working that type of labor.
    Anonymous

• What American wants to go work for way less that minimum wage? Who wants to go work in the hot hot sun doing lawn work? Or working in the fields doing strainneous back work or having to clean every room and restroom of a 4-6 floor building for 500 dollars a month? With no vacation, no holidays, no brakes, no benefits. That is what my mother has been doing for years, she is an illegal and did everything possible to take care of her kids. Yes Americans might do these jobs but definitely not for that pay and will demand more rights. Yet its ok for illegals to be worked like this?
    Anonymous

• Um yes... people need money. Kick out the illegals, the employers will just be forced to pay more because they are employing CITIZENS.. the only ones who SHOULD be employed. They'll do the job if they are paid what the job is worth. Just like anyone else. Illegals don't have rights. Just because they are hard workers or "good people" means nothing when it comes to citizenship. Have you not SEEN the illegal immigrant laws Mexico has? They are ROUGH... we should copy theirs!!!!
    Many of those employers are breaking more than one law (hours, etc) and deserve to go out of business for not hiring citizens at a fair wage.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010