Vote out every single congress incumbent

Do you think this is possible? If you are Demo could you vote in a NEW Rep? If you are a Rep could you vote in a NEW Demo?

If we don't do this, don't you think it is going to end up the same old shit just a different day?

I have both a Republican Incumbent and a Democratic Incumbent, and I am voting against both of them in 2010.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually I could consider it, BUT I couldn't blindly just vote for a Republican or a Democrat, it would have to include other parties because the one in the pan could be better than the one in the fire.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• So it doesn't matter what each candidate stands for to you? Say the guy your voting in just for not being an incumbant wants to shut down all public water systems and put everyone on well water. The guy your voting out just for being an incumbant would have voted against that.
    Besides wasn't their this huge controversy because people said Obama didn't have enough experience?
    I don't get America sometimes.
    Anonymous

• No, I just want them ALL out on their ear. And yes, this time I will be voting strictly on incumbency. Not sure that is a word, but, eh.
    Anonymous

• no
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I will continue to vote for the candidate that best represents my ideals.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Vote them ALL out? Bwahahahahahaha.....
    It won't help. Unless YOU pick new people and become President....Bwahahahahahaha. THEN you will be happy. Ha.
    Anonymous

• I will vote for whoever is best for the job in my opinion - their existing employment not a factor.

If I feel the one holding office today does not best represent me. I will vote against him or her (well, in my case, it's him in all three seats representing me - 2 Senate, 1 House.) If I feel one or all of them *do* actually represent my position on issues, I will vote for him.

The problem is not the incumbent. The problem is the uneducated voter who continues to pull the same lever out of habit. We ought to ALWAYS vote for the best person - incumbent or not.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I vote based on the issues, but I rarely agree with a Republican. I'm voting for who can do the best job, not the other guy just to get a new face in office. Being new doesn't make a person better suited for the job any more than being an incumbent makes them lousy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sorry, there is no reason to vote in a Democrat. I'd vote out many Republicans but there are quite a few I like.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I vote on the issues, not lenght of time in the chair. Although term limit legislation is starting to sound like an interesting concept to me.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010