Should I stop taking birthcontrol pills and try something else?

So pretty much for 5 years Ive never really had a period. Everything was fine and then in 2005 I got pregnant. Had our son in 2006 breastfed (so I didn't have a period) until May 2007 didn't get my period back until July and got pregnant again in October(OK so 4 periods in 07?) Had our daughter July 08 breastfed until Nov 09 and it still hasn't REALLY come back. Lite spotting for a couple days a month but that's it. I was on micronore(birth control for breastfeeding moms it was called Erin) and then I switched to Loestrin 24 3 months ago and I'm in the 1st week of my 4Th pack. Since Ive switched Ive had rapid weight gain about 15 lbs in 3 months, consistent headaches nausea and terrible breakouts. I just want things to be back to normal with my body and I don't know what to do! (Ive taken tests and no I'm not pregnant). When I was on Erin our sex life suffered and I don't want to go back to that, please help!

horseap

Asked by horseap at 2:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• Try a different birth control. Sometimes the hormones cause these issues.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• See that's the thing my Dr said that the Loestrin is the lowest dose of estrogen you can get and the Erin doesn't even have estrogen IN IT! See this is how I ended up getting pregnant with our son in the first place because my BC was messing with me so I went off of it (Dr's orders) and was having my thyroid tested and oops came Aiden! Should I just let my body go natural no meds for a couple months and see if it cleanses itself and start up birth control again?
    horseap

Answer by horseap at 3:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• there is a definite link between hormone replacement therapy and breast cancer...wouldn't there be a similar link between birth control and cancer? i just don't know if it has been looked at. i am no fan of controlling the natural body with drugs. how do you feel about trying a diaphragm?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Ya know I don't know much about them, well duh you put it in before sex and take it out after but that's about it.  Before I got pregnant for the first time I was using ortho evra(the patch) and I loved it until I became allergic to the adhesive and it started to pull my skin off...  and I had terrible bruises and looked like a leopard from moving the patches around.  I'm terrible with taking pills and I too don't like to take meds unless necessary... how do you get one, how exactly do they work, can my hubby tell, are they big?  I know I'm sounding dumb here but I think its a chain reaction going on here I think its giving me headaches that aren't going away and the headaches are making me feel sick.  But its odd too because Ive been getting this burning feeling in my breast like when they get too full and its time to feed or pump but I'm dry now... IDK?

horseap

Answer by horseap at 6:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010